This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MySims on the Wii

edited October 2007 in Video Games
Has anyone else picked this game up? As fun as it is my one big complaint is the load times and the all around lagginess of the game. To top it all off when playing this game it sounds like the Wii is munching on the disc!

Comments

edited October 2007
    No Wii yet. But I saw on a game review program on TV (OMG I KNOWS) where they showed that you can make your own furniture. Looked sorta awesome. But... besides that I know nothing about it.
    Post edited by ... on
  • From what I've heard about the game, they seem to recommend getting Animal Crossing for GC, since it does everything MySims does and more.
  • The loading does get annoying sometimes, and the game is like a mashup of Animal Crossing and The Sims that fails at achieving the good points of either. The building aspect is pretty fun, though, and in hindsight it feels like that's what I bought the game for. You get a lot of little options and textures and there's a lot of blueprint starting points if you can't think of how to start something from scratch.

Basically, I'd say it's not worth the full price right now unless you really like the construction system, but it could be more worthwhile if and when the price drops a bit.
  • I think EA is purposefully making games that suck on the Wii.

This bugs me to no end because a "heavy" game like Metroid Prime 3 has no problems on the Wii while this light game does.

I was talking to a friend of mine who also purchased the game (he's up to a 4 star town) and we were both seeing the same failings in the game:

No wifi - Why name and build your town if you can't share it or have visitors? Even the Mii channel has visitors!
    Lag - Why does the game slow to a crawl as often as it does? I have yet to see Metroid Prime 3 do this and it has much better graphics and such.
    Noisy - Is my Wii hungry? It sounds like my Wii has a mouth full of hard candy while playing the game. Crunch, crunch, crunch!

Perhaps the DS version is better? But, but, they even had a multi-page spread in Nintendo Power before the release!!!
    Actually, I think it's that EA just makes crappy games, and has always made crappy games. Period.
  • I played the DS version for a few minutes. Based on that, not any better at all.
  • The Sims 2 version for the DS is suckah. I love Sims, but I can't stand that one. It's like, "Um. No, I don't want to do a puzzle. I wanna have many lovers and a job and lots of stuff, not... THIS. ><"
    Actually, I think it's that EA just makes crappy games, and has always made crappy games. Period.
    Actually, I rather enjoyed SSX tricky. It was very entertaining to play with all my friends. Otherwise, I don't really like EA games.
  • I hate how EA makes you agree to all of that extra crap before you can play their games. I remember the Battlefield 2 demo for the 360, I just accepted it without reading it, and the next thing I knew, I was receiving promotional email from EA.
  • I hate how EA makes you agree to all of that extra crap before you can play their games. I remember the Battlefield 2 demo for the 360, I just accepted it without reading it, and the next thing I knew, I was receiving promotional email from EA.
    I'm pretty sure you can skip that stuff if you pay attention to the options.
  • The thing that gets me is back in the 90's EA was the shit! I remember being in the barracks waiting for someone to pick up a copy of Madden Football. Heck, we'd have several copies floating around and put together leagues!

On the PC they had a shit-ton of cool games. Wasn't the Bard's Tale series put out by EA?

What happened?
  • What happened?
    They went with the programmer-farm method of making games.
    I'm pretty sure you can skip that stuff if you pay attention to the options.
    Yeah, I'm sure you can. It's just annoying that that was the default choice when I'm just mashing buttons to get to the menu of a game demo. I don't expect to sign up for anything.
  • In my experience, the send me ads/install this toolbar/etc. options are ALWAYS checked by default.