This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Halo DS

edited October 2007 in Video Games
I'm sure some of you probably seen this on Digg but an interesting conversation came about with my friend Cess.

I think if it did come out it would do well. I base this on the fact that Halo has a huge fanbase and more people than that have a DS. Halo fans bound to the console at home can now bring it with them. Plus they can still play other people everywhere with the wifi on DS. If they wanted to get more Halo cash after Halo 3 they could do so easily.

Cess thinks that it wouldn't do well. She says everyone already had the Halo experience enough and wouldn't want an add on. Despite that DS is plentiful it doesn't translate to INSTANT HALO HAPPY SALES YAY!

As a Halo fangirl...it still sucks that it's not out. I'd give me another reason to get a DS. Anyway what are yalls thoughts.

http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=5828

Comments

• Umm, WOW! Looks like the DS is actually capable of decent 3d graphics afterall. I would love to see something like that come out.
  • Bullshit. I can't believe people believe this. Oh wait, I can.
  • Ever heard of homebrew ?

Learn to smell your bullshit kids.
  • edited October 2007
    Heh, it looks like it's running the Doom engine =P

IGN is pulling your leg.

Also, be sure to read the Digg comments. They're fucking hilarious.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • How do you pronounce "Cess"?  "Sess"? "Kess"? I'm curious.
  • Bullshit. I can't believe people believe this. Oh wait, I can.
    All I have to say.
  • edited October 2007
    May I also direct your attention to Halo Wars which looks like the prettiest cookie cutter RTS to date.
    Including giant enemy crab with a weak spot you have to hit for MASSIVE DAMAGE!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Including giant enemy crab with a weak spot you have to hit for MASSIVE DAMAGE!I didn't know it was supposed to be based on famous battles that actually took place in ancient Japan.
  • May I also direct your attention toHalo Warswhich looks like the prettiest cookie cutter RTS to date.
    Including giant enemy crab with a weak spot you have to hit for MASSIVE DAMAGE!
    I didn't know the Global Defense Initiative was involved in Halo. I mean, those are clearly Orca fighters in that video.
  • If this were a real game, the controls wouldn't work. How would you fire the two weapons? Would they use the L button for both weapons, or L and R like it is on the Xbox? How would you jump? The controls wouldn't work on the DS!
  • edited October 2007
    I didn't know it was supposed to be based on famous battles that actually took place in ancient Japan.
    I was talking to this guy about what actually happened in the Meiji era and it was effing awesome. If they made a game that was truly accurate to Japanese history I would buy a Play Station III, though this wouldn't sell too well in japan.

I heaven there are games where you can pit the might of Rome and the armies of Meiji ear Japan against each other.

And so, through the magic of uncyclopedia (click the PS3 link) I found this:
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Uh, dude. This runs the Goldeneye: Rogue Agent DS engine. It looks EXACTLY the same.