This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Breeding Blues

edited October 2007 in Video Games
Man am I pissed off.

I spent the last few days training up a pair of Tangrowth with awesome attacks to give away tonight as level one Tangela. I had everything set with two parent Pokemon with matching move sets. I hatched the first egg and wham... One of the moves was not passed down!

The funny thing is that the move in question is the level one move Ingrain. A normal Tangela is hatched knowing this. Instead of Ingrain making it over Constrict did.

I spent a good part of the weekend grinding away to get these guys up to level 54 so they would learn Power Whip and now I have to figure out a different move to give them instead of Ingrain.

If I had known Ingrain would not pass over I would have tried to get them something equally useful such as Leech Seed. Meh... I think I'll just try and pass on Wring-Out and call it a day.

Comments

• There are moments in which how far away I am from certain geek subcultures becomes painfully clear, and this is one of those moments.
  • The only egg move Tangrowth really needs is leech seed because most of it's other good moves come from TMs or leveling up.
  • I gave them Leaf Storm as an egg move. Which was a pain because I had to level up somebody else to 50 so they could get it!
  • I remember reading that series of comics when it was first published but I did not notice (until today) that it is one of the main character in the background!
  • I don't bother with Tangrowth.
  • wow, I'm so glad I'm not into Pokemans. I have enough trouble breeding with my own species.