This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

tub girl on kotaku

edited October 2007 in Everything Else
kotaku printed an apology today after an editor posted tub girl to their site.

Up until today I thought tub girl was a picture of a baby in a metal tub... I feel the need to stick sharp pointing things into my eyes.

What I find amusing is that the girls crotch was digitized yet everything else was left alone... Eck... my eyes...

Comments

• They could have put up goatse there. Everyone loves goats.
  • It seems like it was a Gizmodo editor that posted it. Wow, I already don't read Gizmodo because it's basically a pile of shit compared to the professional awesome of Engadget. I guess we now see that the quality of the site is a reflection of the quality of the editorial staff.
  • Truly a douchebag trick. I didn't see the pic, but I saw the apology. I am NOT googling tub girl.
  • I saw the pic in Google Reader, and I only saw it for a nanosecond, but up in smoke went years of careful avoidance. What I saw was horrible. *shudder*. I only hope someone gets sacked for this. And by sacked, I mean teabagged.
  • For fucks sake DON'T DO IT. It's brutal. Anyway, it's rough, but I guess you've got to know who to trust.
  • I still cant believe the number of people who haven't been scared by that picture yet. It has been round for YEARS.
    I must admit, its a bit of an obvious way to try discredit some one, too obvious in fact. Stupid person.
  • Well I guess some things still remained unseen. My first viewing of tubgirl was more shocking than goatse.
    I guess we now see that the quality of the site is a reflection of the quality of the editorial staff.
    Agreed.
  • edited October 2007
    I just saw it. Oh. Oh.... oh. Why?
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited October 2007
    i just saw it. oh. oh....oh. why?
    Welcome to the Internet! :)
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I just saw it. Oh. Oh.... oh. Why?
    Welcome to the internet! :)
    Welcome to the FRC forums!
  • Goatse is less damaging to my little mind.

I might understand why someone might do something like that but why take a photo and put it up on the Internet. If someone makes you do all that you have a serious relationship problem.
  • I was underwhelmed when I saw tub girl for the 1st time. It was way over hyped by my friends back then, I pictured it so much worse in my head.
  • ...how the fuck could it be worse?
  • ...how thefuckcould it beworse?

Well, what if, instead of her face, it was going into the Goatse man's behind?
  • I still think face is worse. It's going into orifices that taste and smell. Goatse man's behind is pretty much just similar to where it came from.
  • ...how thefuckcould it beworse?

Well, what if, instead of her face, it was going into the Goatse man's behind?
    I wonder if that's photoshoppable....no way!
  • Double Dog Dare.
  • I totally imagined it taking place in a room with poo smeared walls or something like a really nasty gas station.

I would vote for face over Goatse, since poop up the ass isn't really that foreign a location.