This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Ubuntu question

edited October 2007 in Technology
Don't verbally castrate me for this, but I have yet to even try Linux. That said, I am willing to see if it will suit my needs on the computer. I'm currently looking at the Ubuntu website and it's asking me which version I wanna download, 7.10 or 6.06. The latter has the LTS [Long Term Service] and I have absolutely no idea which I should download.

I figure, since the only reason I'm even trying Linux is because Rym and Scott tell me to do so repeatedly during the podcasts, I should ask the question here.

Edit: I did some more reading . . . and feel like a dick for even asking. I'll be shutting in an unmistakably upward direction now.

Comments

• 7.10. You're not running a server, I assume. The new version is better and offers more hardware support options. Enjoy your LiveCD.
  • Just to explain. The long term service simply means that you will be able to get help and packages with 6.06 for a few years longer than 7.10 which is meant for people who don't upgrade often.