This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Baltimore

edited October 2007 in Everything Else
We just finished moving to Baltimore. Our apartment is near the corner of Lombard and Howard - just one block away from the convention center. I guess I'll go to those science fiction, comics, and anime conventions next time they come 'round.

Comments

• Congrats! Now you won't have to pay rediculous prices for hotel rooms. Baltimore can be a lot of fun, just keep your wits about you. It's not exactly the safest place, but I guess you'd know that. ^__^

I'm actually heading up there this afternoon to see a concert at Sonar.
  • edited October 2007
    It's not exactly the safest place, but I guess you'd know that. ^__^
    After I'm licensed in Maryland, that will be a plus. For me, crime = job opportunity.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • After I'm licensed in Maryland, that will be a plus. For me, crime = job opportunity.
    Wow yeah, you are definitely in for some business.

Got any guest rooms?
  • edited October 2007

Got any guest rooms?
    One guest room.

I'm pretty happy with the way it's worked out. Carole can walk to her job at the Maryland Dept. of Ed., and I can walk to Camden Yard to pick up the MARC train to DC. The B'more light rail stops right at our front door, so I could also pick that up and catch the train at Penn. We can walk to the Inner Harbor and there are multiple restaurants and pubs within walking distance.
  • Too bad most of the bars around there are terrible.

There's a pretty decent one in some secluded alley near a CVS (north of the convention center?), but the last few times I went there they were closing at like 10:30.
  • You should start watching The Wire.
  • edited October 2007
    You know, I have lived within 2 1/2 hours of Baltimore my whole life, my grandparents even live just outside the city, and yet it wasn't until I went to RIT in 2003 that I knew Otakon or anything else went on there. How does that happen...? Why did I have to go to upstate New York to learn of something that may well have been taking place right under my nose for several summers?
    Post edited by AtheriShadow on
  • You know, I have lived within 2 1/2 hours of Baltimore my whole life, my grandparents even live just outside the city, and yet it wasn't until I went to RIT in 2003 that I knew Otakon or anything else went on there. How does that happen...? Why did I have to go to upstate New York to learn of something that may well have been taking place right under my nose for several summers?
    I had that exact feeling when I first heard of Katsucon after moving from DC back to MD. Luckily, I'm still close to DC.
  • I should really go to Katsucon sometime. I mean, once you're within reasonable distance of Baltimore, DC is not exactly a huge leap in travel.
  • You should start watchingThe Wire.
    I haven't watched the show, but I read the Wiki article.

I like the stevedores. It's been a long time since I've worked on the docks. I'll have to go down there for a bit and get sweaty. Sweaty, nasty, and naughty.
  • If you did not know already, there is a Five Guys in the Inner Harbor, which makes the best burgers ever.

• Got any guest rooms?
    One guest room.
    Do you have any idea how much you could make by renting that out for Otakon?
  • stevedores
    Aww, you have a pet name for him. I think you two will be very happy now that you're moving in together.
  • edited October 2007
    Steve adores stevedores.
  • *finds thread*

Okay, we're all staying at your place for Otakon.

(lives up on York Rd., always gets a hotel for Otakon)
  • *finds thread*

Okay, we're all staying at your place for Otakon.

(lives up on York Rd., always gets a hotel for Otakon)
    I hear a party in the future.
    If you did not know already, there is a Five Guys in the Inner Harbor, which makes the best burgers ever.
    Yes Five Guys is greatness. I'm grabbing a bite after school now! Is Five Guys an northeast chain? I never seen or heard of them outside of this part of the US.
  • I hear a party in the future.
    Tell me when and where. :-)

And I didn't really know about Otakon until 04 and I've lived around here all my life. It was Otakon that made me from a mere casual nerd, to all out anime fan, and I regret not knowing about it sooner. In fact, to this day I kick myself for that.