This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

News: The song lineup for Guitar Hero III is fucking awesome.

Comments

• How's the axe? I've been hearing "It's perfect" and "It ships all fucked up"
  • The Rock Band lineup is totally inferior to the Guitar Hero 3 lineup, and anyway who says otherwise is objectively, provably wrong. 
  • How's the axe? I've been hearing "It's perfect" and "It ships all fucked up"

The guitar feels alot better. I'm pretty sure they added some sort of weights because it feels heavier and the buttons are more responsive. The guitar comes with the neck detached and you just stick it in the body. There is a release to the lock so you can detach it if you want to transport it.
  • I'm still using the GH 1/2 controllers for GH 3. The only thing that's bothering me is that I can't quickplay co-op games like I could in GH2! WTF? Am I missing something?
  • I'm going to pick up GH3 the day it comes out in Europe. There are so many songs I really want to play and some of my favorite bands. Hell, Holiday in Cambodia would have probably brought me to do it alone, but with Bulls on Parade and Story of my Life in addition to all the other great songs, there is nothing to keep me from it.
  • I'm still using the GH 1/2 controllers for GH 3. The only thing that's bothering me is that I can't quickplay co-op games like I could in GH2! WTF? Am I missing something?
    Just do co-op career mode. You have all the access to the bonus and downloadable songs in career mode so it's basically the same thing.
  • They should release GH1+2+80s in a discounted box set for the Wii and the other systems that need to catch-up. It's practically free money as anyone who bought GH3 will buy the set eventually, and they don't need to program anything new.
  • They should release GH1+2+80s in a discounted box set for the Wii and the other systems that need to catch-up. It's practically free money as anyone who bought GH3 will buy the set eventually, and they don't need to program anything new.
    What they need to do develop the technology that would create game songs from real songs. That way you could play any song in your music library in Guitar Hero. That would be worth a shit ton of money to me.
    What they need to do develop the technology that would create game songs from real songs. That way you could play any song in your music library in Guitar Hero. That would be worth a shit ton of money to me.
    Not technologically feasible at this point in time.
  • Just do co-op career mode. You have all the access to the bonus and downloadable songs in career mode so it's basically the same thing.
    This doesn't work because you have to unlock them. We beat co-op on Medium, but if I want to do co-op on a higher difficulty (it counts as the lowest difficulty someone selected) then it won't let me play it. That's dumb and effectively breaks a significant portion of the multiplayer functionality of the game. You can still do the battle modes, but not co-op where you play two different parts.
  • They spend a vast majority of the time with real musicians perfecting it.
  • Not technologically feasible at this point in time.
    Um. They do it for computers. Check out Frets on Fire.
  • This doesn't work because you have to unlock them. We beat co-op on Medium, but if I want to do co-op on a higher difficulty (it counts as the lowest difficulty someone selected) then it won't let me play it. That's dumb and effectively breaks a significant portion of the multiplayer functionality of the game. You can still do the battle modes, but not co-op where you play two different parts.
    Just beat it on expert then :P
    Um. They do it for computers. Check outFrets on Fire.
    Nope, it sucks. The magic of Guitar Hero is that it actually makes you feel like you are playing the song. Miss a note, it doesn't play that note. Activating star power cranks up the noise. Incorrect strumming makes twangs and quirks come out of the wiimote speaker. The whammy bar actually modifies the note you are holding. AFAIK, Frets on Fire can not do these things. It especially can not do these things if all it has to work with is a track from a CD or an mp3. Without these things, Guitar Hero wouldn't even be worth playing.
  • Just beat it on expert then :P
    You want to come help me? I can't find anyone that can hold their own on expert. I wonder if I beat it on expert if it'll unlock the lower difficulties. I'll have to check.
  • Just beat it on expert then :P
    You want to come help me? I can't find anyone that can hold their own on expert. I wonder if I beat it on expert if it'll unlock the lower difficulties. I'll have to check.
    Sure. I'm on the second to last set on expert. Some of the songs get pretty tough near the end.
  • I wonder if I beat it on expert if it'll unlock the lower difficulties. I'll have to check.
    Gah. Why did they have to add 'the grind' to such a good game?
  • I wonder if I beat it on expert if it'll unlock the lower difficulties. I'll have to check.
    Gah. Why did they have to add 'the grind' to such a good game?
    Yeah, I was thinking that if you unlock a song on some difficulty, it should unlock them on all the lower difficulties.
  • The Rock Band song list was just finalized and released it seems. Looking at it, it seems to me to be a slightly superior list.

[a few good songs, a bunch of meh songs, some bleh songs]

2000s
    Fallout Boy "Dead on Arrival"

NO game with a Fallout Boy song in its lineup could EVER be greater than any game with a Slayer song in it. Get the hell off my internets, etc. Emo cocksucker and so forth.

Also, One is a FAR better choice for a game than Enter Sandman. Not to diss the Sandman, but One is just a superior song.
    Um. They do it for computers. Check outFrets on Fire.
    Eh, someone has to put all the notes in place in Frets on Fire. You can't just throw an MP3 at it and make it generate all the notes.
  • Incorrect strumming makes twangs and quirks come out of the wiimote speaker.

This sounds like ANOTHER cheap Wii gimmick, only this one would be annoying. I like all the music coming through my real speakers. Also, One IS the better choice.
  • Incorrect strumming makes twangs and quirks come out of the wiimote speaker.

This sounds like ANOTHER cheap Wii gimmick, only this one would be annoying. I like all the music coming through my real speakers. Also, One IS the better choice.
    Um, no. Think about it. In GH2, you are playing co-op. You screw up, and the twangs come out of the TV speakers. Your friend screws up, the twangs come out of the TV speakers. Now people know who's screwing up by ear. It's just a little detail, but has a huge effect you do not realize.
  • Any word on when Wii guitars will be available?
  • This may be a stupid question but Scott mentioned the buttons on the Guitar being mapped to A and B along with the analog stick. Can you use a Wiimote without the Guitar in the game just using Wiimote buttons?

I know it would suck to do so but, if you only have one guitar and want to unlock some of the co-op stuff...
  • This may be a stupid question but Scott mentioned the buttons on the Guitar being mapped to A and B along with the analog stick. Can you use a Wiimote without the Guitar in the game just using Wiimote buttons?

I know it would suck to do so but, if you only have one guitar and want to unlock some of the co-op stuff...
    Haven't tried that. All I can say is good luck. You'll need it.
  • I know Scott will just ignore this, but there is an achievement in the Xbox version for playing with a regular controller.
  • RymRym
    edited October 2007
    This may be a stupid question but Scott mentioned the buttons on the Guitar being mapped to A and B along with the analog stick.
    Upon further investigation, there appears to be a problem with this.  Some games seem to crash or otherwise dump me to the Wii menu when the guitar is used as a controller.  Even worse, the Home button will stop working until I remove the guitar.
    I will experiment tonight and figure out the fullness.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited October 2007
    mapped to A and B along with the analog stick. Can you use a Wiimote without the Guitar in the game just using Wiimote buttons?
    I know a lot of people that claim it's easier. These people are GameStop employees however so take it with a grain of salt.

When I challenged their theory on the GH3 demo in the store I mopped up so . . .

Edit:// I also wanted to note that unlocking in co-op does not unlock for lower difficulties so you have to beat the co-op game at every difficulty you want to play co-op songs on. Also in quickplay you have to pick the difficulty before you pick a song, which makes it a pain to pass the guitar among people with different skill levels. It's so much more frustrating to play with a big group of people than GH2 was. Why doesn't anyone ever ask me when they design games!?
    Post edited by cosmicenema on
  • I know Scott will just ignore this, but there is an achievement in the Xbox version for playing with a regular controller.

Which is another reason I nearly bought the PS3 version. Retarded achievements, and compatability with PS2 games had me on the edge, but multiplayer works best for me on 360.

Which is another reason I nearly bought the PS3 version. Retarded achievements, and compatability with PS2 games had me on the edge, but multiplayer works best for me on 360.

You need to stop your fucking trolling.