This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I hate thieves...

edited October 2007 in Everything Else
I had my car stolen last night.  The good news is that the police recovered it.  The bad new is that the seats were taken. It is an '03 Honda del sol. I'm calling salvage yards for seats, and they aren't cheap!! I have to cancel my bank accounts as a precaution in case I had a check book or something in it. They took my infinity speakers out, but didn't take them.  Go figure.  So, I need to pay to get new seats and to repair/replace a jacked-up ignition. What a mess! I wonder what I would do if I found out who did this...

Comments

• Does your car insurance not cover this?
  • Sorry to hear about that. It really stinks to have to deal with something like this when you did nothing wrong.
  • Does your car insurance not cover this?

I chose to only have Liability for this car. It is blue booked at $1600, so I saw no point in paying a higher monthly payment, for a car I would need to pay 1/3rd the total value to get something repaired/replaced, with the insurance paying a maximum of $1000 after that, then my insurance going up. As it is an older car, I figured the chances of the car breaking down were much higher than an accident, theft, or vandalism.
  • Woah, that really sucks. Maybe they stole your seats to replace theirs, that someone stole.
  • I had a similar issue last winter. Some kids tried to break into my car, but got chased away by a local. They used a brick to smash one of my windows. Unfortunately, they had bad aim and dented my card door on their first try. It cost me no less that $150 to replace the window.
  • Shitty deal, I feel for you. My iPod was recently stolen, out of my fucking bag.
  • edited October 2007
    I've often wondered what the penalty is for putting some kind of potentially harmful booby trap in your car or house is. e.g. Hooking pepper spray up to the alarm system set to fire at the doors if set off.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I've often wondered what the penalty is for putting some kind of potentially harmful booby trap in your car or house is. e.g. Hooking pepper spray up to the alarm system set to fire at the doors if set off.
    Lethal Mantraps are illegal in the U.S.
  • Well, down here if they are going to leave the car behind for any reason, they freaking set it on fire... so at least you got your car back.

And about the booby traps, how many times have you made your car or house alarm go off? how many times electrical things short out?
  • I once got a car stolen from me the second day I got it.
    It was a car I was hoping and dreaming for more time than I can let on.
    That day was a really bad day.
  • I've often wondered what the penalty is for putting some kind of potentially harmful booby trap in your car or house is. e.g. Hooking pepper spray up to the alarm system set to fire at the doors if set off.

MagnaVolt is the answer

• MagnaVolt is the answer
    LOL. LETHAL RESPONSE.
  • MagnaVolt is the answer LOL. LETHAL RESPONSE.

Dude!  That's Lionel Luther!
  • Dude!  That's Lionel Luther!

OMG!! You are right, that is him. He sure has come a long way.
  • Dude!  That's Lionel Luther!
    OMG!! You are right, thatishim. He sure has come a long way.

Not when you think about it - he's an actor in Smallville!