This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Free Message Boards?

edited October 2007 in Suggestions
I was just wondering where I should get a free message board. I don't have a website or anything like that, and it's was just gonna be a small thing for my podcast. I'm not really asking for much out of it, just a good number of members should be supported, and a good number of topics. Freeboards looked ok, but I'd like you guys' input on it.

Comments

• I was just wondering where I should get a free message board. I don't have a website or anything like that, and it's was just gonna be a small thing for my podcast. I'm not really asking for much out of it, just a good number of members should be supported, and a good number of topics.Freeboardslooked ok, but I'd like you guys' input on it.
    They all suck equally. If you aren't going to setup a real message board, just pick any of the free ones, it won't matter which one so much.
  • I would *love* it if you guys did a Monday show on how to set up a real message board.
  • If you have Webspace you could try setting up Vanilla, like this forum. I have/had one free forum and administrating was really shitty, clicking from one Option page to another, and almost guessing which part of the forum is going to change when I edit a color.

Or when you mostly want to talk to your web page visitors you could try Chatango, for live chatting (yeah it's dumb but with cool people it can be quit fun).
  • Don't you have a website for your podcast?
  • I would *love* it if you guys did a Monday show on how to set up a real message board.
    I'll do a Monday show on how to install web applications.
  • Every free board hosting sucks. Trust me, I've tried a good number of them. Your choices are:
    1) Live with sucky boards
    2) Get some web hosting with PHP
    3) Mooch off a friend who has web hosting with PHP
  • I like phpbb, but thats just opinion.
    phpBB sucks. Use Vanilla or Simple Machines.
  • I'm not an administrator, but I've used a bunch of InvisionFree boards and they seem to work relatively well.
  • Don't you have a website for your podcast?
    Does Libsyn count? (I'm really new to all of this)
    phpBB sucks. Use Vanilla or Simple Machines.
    Vanilla is way better compared to phpBB.
  • Dear Dave and Joel:

Please convert your forum to Vanilla. If you stay with PhpBb, the dino-sympathizers win.
  • Dear Dave and Joel:

Please convert your forum to Vanilla. If you stay with PhpBb, the dino-sympathizers win.
    Reiterated for emphasis.
  • phpbb sucks. If you are going to go free go with Vanilla. If you are going to pay go with vBulletin.