This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geeky music suggestions for wedding march

KenKen
edited November 2007 in Everything Else
I'll be getting married soon, and we'll be having a simple ceremony on the day. I was thinking of bucking the trend of using the typical wedding marches, and use something geeky in celebration of my geek nature.

I was thinking of using a nice musical score from a video/PC game for the wedding march in, and I'd like to ask for some suggestions.

I've got some criteria: It should be a musical score (no lyrics), melodic, evocotive, fairly romantic, but it can also be a little whimsical. It shouldn't be overly dramatic, and should be fairly mellow. I was thinking of using the Legend of Zelda theme (my fiancee loves Zelda), and I've got a couple other suggestions in mind. But I wanted to see what other suggestions you all might have.

What suggestions do you all have? I also posted on the Penny Arcade forums, but I figure I'll get a much better answer from the crew here. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Princess Zelda arrangement from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Hyrule Symphony soundtrack.
  • The Fountain of Dreams song from Kirby might work well. But I think Zelda would be a really good choice.
  • edited November 2007
    The music from inside the castle in Mario 64.
    "Goodbye space cowboy" (instrumental version of "The real folk blues")
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The "thank you Mario, your quest is over" song from Super Mario Brothers 1, if you really want video game music. If you're willing to go with a different geeky subject, I'd suggest the ceremonial song at the end of Star Wars IV: A New Hope.
  • I'd suggest the ceremonial song at the end of Star Wars IV: A New Hope.
    He stole my idea! An added geeky bonus would be the music when Link finds an item when you kiss the bride.
  • Dude, if I heard "What do you know" music (aka, Link's item-rift) I dunno whether to laugh or cry. But, that takes good timing/someone to manually handle the music.

Imperial march from Star Wars...?
  • How about the piano serenade from Fruits Basket? Soft and sweet but very short. Its only about a minute long.
  • The song from the medals ceremony at the end of Star Wars: A New Hope. That would be legen - wait for it - dary.
  • edited November 2007
    Go with "Suna No Hoshi (Sandy Planet)" from Trigun. It's the beautiful song that plays when (spoiler)Wolfwood dies.(/spoiler).
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • The SW ceremonial song is called "The Throne Room" and it works really well as a wedding march.
  • Imperial March all the way.
  • Imperial March? That might be a little heavy for the occasion. And a little frightening for the rest of the family who are quite conservative and traditional.

If I were doing a full Star Wars themed wedding, Imperial March would be no question whatsoever. But what I'm looking for is something lighter, more soothing and more suitable towards a traditional wedding.
  • I was with the Zelda song, till someone mentioned the Imperial March. I can't even imagine how awesome that woule be. Though, I like Viga's idea of the noise of Link finding an item.
  • When I read the first post, the first thing I thought of was "ZELDA!" ^_^

Other ideas I liked:
    • Viga's item noise idea
    • Fruits Basket piano serenade
    I think you should have a wedding cake shaped like the triforce.
  • I think you should have a wedding cake shaped like the triforce.
    The cake is a lie.
    The cake is a lie.
    Wouldn't a companion cube cake be more fitting? (on so many levels)
    The cake is a lie.
    Wouldn't a companion cube cake be more fitting? (on so many levels)
    If you choose that...post pics!
  • There's a lot of good music in the LotR soundtracks.
  • Kingdom Hearts OSTs have some good stuff in it. I can't remember any songs atm, I never put them on my iPod! >.< I think that's something I'll definitely do tonight.
  • Kingdom Hearts OSTs have some good stuff in it. I can't remember any songs atm, I never put them on my iPod! >.< I think that's something I'll definitely do tonight.
    Dearly Beloved... end of story.
  • Kings Quest music would be great for a wedding, not quite sure if you'd want it to replace the wedding march, though.
  • 4,000 Degrees Kelvin
    Portal Spoilers: Yes, that's the song that plays on your way into your "victory candescence".  You may interpret this in any way you wish.
  • I was thinking some music from a Final Fantasy, like the theme from FF7.
  • Rakuen from Trigun, it makes me teary eyed everytime I listen to it.

Rain from Cowboy Bebop is good too.
  • The theme from FF9 Melodies of Life would be great if you can find the instrumental.
  • I almost forgot, but songs from The Vision of Escaflowne might be right up your alley. Yoko Kanno is my god.

My Escaflowne suggestions:
    Angel Theme (Lovers Only OST)
    Again (OST 3) (It's pretty much the opening theme instrumental, but even prettier. Everytime I hear it, it makes me feel a lil' bitter happier)
    Romance (OST 1)
    Eyes (OST 1)
  • "Making of a Cyborg" or for some reason "Radio Ga Ga" by Queen occurred to me.
  • If you want to make it a strange march you could use the metal queen song from Cowboy Bebop.
  • Evangelion: Angels Attack ^.^
  • Well, I was going to say Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture show until I saw 'no lyrics.'
    Uh, I don't know much old video game music that sounds like what you're looking for.
    Good luck, though.