This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Star Wars IV ascii movie

edited November 2007 in Movies
I don't know how many of you have seen this, but it was new to me :).

Telnet to "towel.blinkenlights.nl".

Enjoy! I'm not sure how long it goes on for, I didn't watch it all

Comments

• Oh my god, this is awesome.
  • Oh my god.  That's probably really old, but it's awesome anyway.  I haven't seen it until just now.
  • Website says it was finished only last year.
  • edited November 2007
    that's so awesome I could cry.

I can't imagine the amount of work that took to make, and it looks awesome.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Wow. Just...wow!
  • You guys didn't know about this? Got-damn, I've known about this thing forever; I missed my chance to share a video, which you guys haven't seen before. Damn..
  • I just peed myself :|
  • I'll have to check the link later but it is fairly simple to convert a video stream to ASCII. I know of several video programs that can do it.
  • It's not the video converted to ASCII. I think it's handmade, for the incomplete version has been around for years. It's pretty awesome.
  • Wow, I just had a speech on the 10 greatest movies and showed some stuff (WiiSaber and some youtube videos based around Star Wars) to proof what a huge pop cultural phenomenon the movie actually is. That would have topped everything else, even the rebuild X-Wing!
  • Shit thats awesome and It's done exactly like the original, frame by frame!!!
  • Oh. My. God.

A similar thing is going on here. (It's Star Wars IV frame-by-frame in Lego)