This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Tournament

edited November 2007 in Video Games
I'm not sure if everyone has forgotten about their pokemans yet, but I have only recently acquired and completed the game. So the question is...
Would anyone be willing to dust off their pokemon and play in a friendly tournament?

P.S - I'm aware that there was a previous topic concerning the same subject, but it got derailed.

Comments

• ... It makes me sad that I only have Gameboy Advance games for Pokemons... >>; Thus no wifi.
  • If you are looking to test your battling skills I suggest you cruise around the Pokemon forums. Many of them have forums for battling and trading while some of the better sites have Gym Leader programs. I am currently running a contest to give away a Toys'R'Us level 10 Mew to the first one who beats all eight Gym Leaders, the Elite Four and the current champion.

So far there are about three people who are very close to winning.

Oh yeah, I'm also getting ready to give away a bunch of Jirachi using my friend's GC bonus disk. It just takes time reseting old GBA games and trading all the Jirachi back and forth.
  • I'm willing to participate.
  • I'm in. My dragons will own!
  • edited November 2007
    I have to say that I currently have eight Gym Leaders on my forums and though not all of them are awesome as a whole they are quite good.

I also have the Gym Leaders battle under a few simple restrictions. Challengers get to know the two types the Gym Leader will focus on, the Leader can not switch out Pokemon unless the challenger does first. We also have a no legendaries rule in place to insure that the lesser used Pokemon get used.

I have seen some very interesting strategies evolve. I think Stealth rock is the current move that many chalengers favor.

If you need a link search the Pokemon threads or whisper back to me.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Would anyone else be interested?
  • edited November 2007
    Sure I would like to dust off my Pokemons. Count me in.
    Post edited by Double Z on