This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Assassins Creed

edited November 2007 in Video Games
Just wanted to know what you guys thought of Assassin's Creed?
I just got it for my PS3 and so far its totally awesome, but there is still some little bugs like fingers go into clothing and stuff, but otherwise its fun!

Comments

• I'm likely going to pick it up this weekend, or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Haven't decided which.
  • I'm probably gonna borrow it from work tomorrow. How are the controls? I heard they were a bit messy.
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Win.
  • How are the controls? I heard they were a bit messy.
    I heard they were good. A button a body part iirc. (that be, left and right arm, and left and right foot.) Anyways, it looks awesome. Only big PS3 title I know off.
  • I'm waiting for the PC version.
  • I've got about 2 hours in it. Not bad worth paying for. The only problems I've run into so far is that some of the on screen prompts of what to push and such are really hard to read. I don't know if it's my tv or maybe I'm going blind, who knows. The other thing was that so far all I've had to do is follow the map till I reached the marker and the story progressed.
  • If you have an SD TV, it's probably that. A lot of games make text that's hard to read without an HDTV.
  • Yeah, hard to read text is sort of a huge problem with 360 games that I've noticed. The text is basically optimized for HD, so on a SD its almost unreadable.
  • I figured it was more likely then not the lack of HD. It's a shame too, so far Assassin's Creed has been the only annoying game with SD that I've played.
  • You obviously never played Dead Rising on a SDTV, it's nearly impossible to progress through the game since all the information is given in text that is impossible to read.
  • I'm waiting for the PC version.
    They're making Assassin's Creed for the PC?!
  • I'm getting it this week-end...I'm going nuts this Friday as a local store is going tax free for 3 hours and I have about $500 bucks to waste. Assassin's Creed, Drake's Forture, the Playstation Eye, Mass Effect, Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player, Black Site Area 51, Control 4 and Castlevania for the PSP. I can't wait!

Some of you may think tax-free isn't a big deal, but it is when your tax rates are 14%.
  • I just wanted to share something funny I found: Optimus Prime in Assassin's Creed
  • edited November 2007
    PC for me.

This game's been having problems on both consoles since before it's launch. Perhaps it's because the 360 and PS3, while ahead of their time, are already becoming obsolete in the face of advancing computer technology, including such revolutionary developments as hard drives larger than 20 GB.

For the time being, I'll stick to the PC for games which require a PC's computing power. I just don't trust some overheating, off-its-3-month-warranty brick with my overpriced games.
    Post edited by kenjura on
  • I like to see good old Optimus Prime instead of Goatsy :P