This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Are you Left or Right brained?

edited November 2007 in Everything Else
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22492511-5005375,00.html via http://dmiessler.com/blogarchive/are-you-left-or-right-brainedInteresting. If you see this woman turning counter-clockwise you’re more left-brained, and if you see her turning to the right you’re more right-brained.
But she alternates directions! D:

Comments

• edited November 2007
    Heh. I saw this on Digg a while ago. In fact, it's probably still on my history of things I dugg. It is pretty funny how it changes directions. I initially saw it going clockwise, so from that, it claims I'm more "Right brained", however I associate myself with being "Left brained". Odd. Still amusing though. ^_^

I think it was also on either Ananth's or Hawk's blog post a while ago too. =P

*Edit*

Also from some of the comments on the article, people have opened the GIF file and saw in each framer, the woman going one way. Also, others have stated there are 2 separate GIF files, one going clockwise and the other going counter. So I'm gonna go with it's more than likely fake. =/
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • That article is garbage. It is not valid and doesn't test crap.
    www.theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php
  • edited November 2007
    Saw it a long time ago. And just to save others the trouble; Yeah, you can see her nipples.
    On a somewhat related not theres a game out for the DS called "Left or Right: Ambidextrous challenge" which is quite a lot of fun even if the graphics aren't that good.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Yeah, it's garbage, but it's freaky when she suddenly goes spinning in the other direction. Though I doubt there are 2 gifs, I mean, it's a silhouette, thus our brains have to decide the depth of the picture. It's either translated as "Extended leg going from left to right goes away, and from right to left comes closer" or the opposite. In which case our brains fool us into thinking she's spinning in a particular direction. It's probably just one of those 360 shots around a standing woman in that pose, not moving at all.
  • Alright, apparantly I'm right brained. It said, "occasionally some people see it going the other way and it 'switches'" well, I tried to make it go counter clockwise in my mind, but it didn't work, until I turned away and then back and OMG IT SWITCHED. XDD
  • until I turned away and then back and OMG IT SWITCHED. XDD
    Had that too, stared in wonder at the image, and then it turned back to turning normally! So I went OMG again and kept watching, wondering if it were an animation which would switch every now and then... but no. It's a half turn animation.
  • Every time I look at that thing I just stare at her breasts as they pass my because I'm 99% certain there is a nipple there.
  • And just to save others the trouble; Yeah, you can see her nipples.
    Don't make me have to quote myself again.
  • Every time I look at that thing I just stare at her breasts as they pass my because I'm 99% certain there is a nipple there.
    Is it that hard to notice? Woohooo, a silhouette of a nipple. [/sarcasm]
  • Every time I look at that thing I just stare at her breasts as they pass my because I'm 99% certain there is a nipple there.Is it that hard to notice? Woohooo, a silhouette of a nipple. [/sarcasm]

ARE YOU CRAZY?!? IT'S A NIPPLE!!! IT'S THE MOST AWESOME AND HOT THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!
  • Do you not have nipples? ... Seriously, lift up your shirt and look down. XDDD

Same diff.