This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 071120 - The Game of LIFE

RymRym
edited November 2007 in Board Games
Tonight on GeekNights, we review the old classic: The Game of LIFE. In the news, the holiday Wii sell-outs are upon us, and Psychonauts is now free as in beer.
Scott's Thing - lolPhoenix

Rym's Thing - The Life of Brian: Deleted Scenes

Comments

• Psychonauts is great, and everyone should play it.

I'm warning you now that the last level is quite the fucker.
  • I never played it but I plan to.

I heard the difficulty in the last level jumps like it found a tarantula under it's toilet seat ^^
  • So the holiday season hasn't really effected Wii availability for the negative. They've been stupid hard to get all year. I've worked for Gamestop since July, and I've known the employee's for several years. They have never had them in stock for 24 hours in the entire district and I believe most the surrounding districts. They're actually a bit easier to get because of the holidays they're giving us more then 3-6 per week.
  • edited November 2007
    I got to the meat circus in Psychonauts and got bored at the bit with the rabbit and the blender rabbits. It is a good game if you like that kind of thing. Boyd's mind aka "The Milkman conspiracy" messed with my head after I played it for a few hours.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I never played the game of life - I still like playing Monopoly and I like playing sorry...but mainly because it required slightly more skill since you choose which of your four pieces to move. I remember I have the Canadian version of Sorry (I am in the UK) and it has the text in both English and French.
  • I think you guys should make a show on the other Game of Life ^^
  • WoW, I sort of want to play the version of the Game of Life that Rym played as a child it seems slightly more stategic that the version that I played as a child. It seems really strange since games really don't change too much but when they do they make note of it and call it something else like Game of Life 8th Edition.
  • I am in agreement with Scott about the DS Lite. I have a DS Phat and I am getting the Zelda DS Lite for Christmas.

I could have gotten a different one before now but the only other one I wanted was the Black Diamond and Pearl one or the Yellow Pikachu one. Both of those only came as part of a pack for too much money. Because I did not buy the DS Zelda game I had no problem buying the new Zelda DS. If it was not out I would just continue with my blue DS phat.