This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A worthy MP3 player?

edited November 2007 in Technology
I came across this review via Engadget and the Ibiza Rhapsody seems to be what I have been waiting for. A 30gb drive with support for MP3, WMA (DRM 10 included), WAV, AAC audio and MPEG4, WMV, M4V, AVI, H.264, MPG video, FM radio and, what we've all been waiting for, Podcasts over Wifi via wireless router. Any takers?

Comments

• edited November 2007
    I'll have to see this podcast wifi subscribing in action. So much depends on exactly how the feature is implemented.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited November 2007
    "have" has an "h" in it, Scott.
    For 160 quid it seems pretty good. When I go from penniless student to getting by business man then I think I will pick one up. Hopefully by then there will be some hack or other to up the hard drive space.
    [Edit, and "worthy" has a "y" on the end, Fred. Pwnt.]
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited November 2007
    "have" has an "h" in it, Scott.
    It also hasa an a.
    Post edited by Anastius on
  • "have" has an "h" in it, Scott.It also hasa an a.Whatever, Jar Jar Binks. It's that wily duo of "v" and "e" of which one needs to be wary.
  • Well, back on topic. If this is well executed I would have no major gripes with it. In an ideal world a bigger hard drive and support for last.fm streaming via wifi would be just about everything I'd reasonably want (though the wifi would kill the battery.).
  • Well, back on topic. If this is well executed I would have no major gripes with it. In an ideal world a bigger hard drive and support for last.fm streaming via wifi would be just about everything I'd reasonably want (though the wifi would kill the battery.).I've heard good things about the Creative Zen.
  • Well, back on topic. If this is well executed I would have no major gripes with it. In an ideal world a bigger hard drive and support for last.fm streaming via wifi would be just about everything I'd reasonably want (though the wifi would kill the battery.).
    Isn't 30 gigs enough as a start? Also,
    with a separate menu selection and the ability to update podcasts on the go from any WiFi hotspot.
    now if they had only included how you subscribed to podcasts...

And the colours are: Black, Silver, Pink, Aqua and Purple. I'd pick the black one since that way you won't have 4 white buttons and a black square on your MP3 player just sitting there all out of colour.
  • 30gb is sadly not enough. My music collection is 13gb and growing steadily and I want to keep an audiobook collection on it and video too. Well by the time I can afford it they might have a second version with 60gb which should be plenty.