This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Would anyone here read a psychology blog?

edited November 2007 in Everything Else
Just wondering if anyone here would be interested in reading a blog about psychology. I'd appreciate any criticism that anyone would like to give or any ideas for future articles. Hope someone here likes it.

Psych Bites

Comments

• Sure. I'm taking a Psych class this semester. Are you a psychologist?
  • No i'm still in school, but I thought it might be nice to write down some of the most interesting things I've learned or seen.
  • I've read the first two, and it's REALLY in depth. they aren't as much 'bites' as summarized papers. Now, reading this might be fun, but if your not into the field it won't apply to you in any way. And if you are into the field you'd probably know all this already. My biggest question is this, what is the purpose of your blog? Is it made to entertain us? Or is it to inform us?
    Frankly, I had expected something more trivia-ish.
  • I'm not really sure which way to take things. I've had people say that they want things more in depth and other say that they want less depth to the articles. I'm not really sure which way to go right now, but if it seems like people are having trouble understanding things or want it toned down then I will.
  • I've read the first two, and it's REALLY in depth. they aren't as much 'bites' as summarized papers. Now, reading this might be fun, but if your not into the field it won't apply to you in any way. And if you are into the field you'd probably know all this already. My biggest question is this, what is the purpose of your blog? Is it made to entertain us? Or is it to inform us?

Frankly, I had expected something more trivia-ish.
    Actually, psychology is very useful to everyday life. At least, I found it is. Plus, it's just damned interesting. I love psychology, but I can not for the life of me stand classes.

Doesn't help a -gym- teacher taught psychology in my high school. It was kind of like reading the book with a few movies thrown throughout. I met my girlfriend in that class, though. ^_^
  • All you need to do is take what you have written and connect it with everyday uses and situations. That's it. Then you can go as deep or shallow as you want from there.
  • I find your blog great! It's easy to read, although I'm still in school and never had the chance to take a psychology class. It isn't to hard to read, but it would be easier and quicker to read if you follow Sails advice.