This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 071128 - Full Metal Alchemist

edited November 2007 in Anime
I didn't see this on the front page nor in the forum yet, but it's up on Libsyn. I found a few links which may not be exact, but are pretty close to what they're talking about.

Tonight on GeekNights, Rym & Scott discuss Full Metal Alchemist. Scott GeekBites Once Upon a Glashma. In the news, the New York Anime Festival will be screening the Casshern live-action movie.

Rym's Things - Casshern anime Opening and Ending
Scott's Thing - Hello Kitty Bicycle Tire

Comments

• edited November 2007
    I like the Cand Candy opening better :P
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Whow. Way to go Gohanrice. I also downloaded it from Libsyn before the posted it to the wordpress.

Perhaps someone else in GeekHaus went nuts and killed them before they could add it to the site?

Just a thought...
  • Yeah, my bad. I was supposed to add my thing of the day link and push the publish button, but I fell asleep.
  • Hmm... This did not show up in iTunes this morning.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2007
    If Scott's plan was to never be asked again to make or finish a post for me, he has succeeded. ^_~

Fixed.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Hmm... This did not show up in iTunes this morning.
    It's not showing up in Google Reader either.
    edited November 2007
    Hmm... This did not show up in iTunes this morning.
    It's not showing up in Google Reader either.
    What are you not doing that I do? It shows up perfectly in Google Reader for me. Just click on the feed, it should be there.
    EDIT: Iirc I am subscribed to the blog feed, so that may be it.
    Post edited by ... on
  • What are you not doing that I do? It shows up perfectly in Google Reader for me. Just click on the feed, it should be there.
    EDIT: Iirc I am subscribed to the blog feed, so that may be it.
    I just refreshed 10 seconds ago, and it appeared.
  • I liked the movie! kinna...
    spoiler Also, the theme of the 'real' world is different from the alchemist world. I liked the steampunk thing they had going, but it's a little different form what people expect and want from their anime, do I get why others may dislike it. /spoiler
    All in all, I think it is worth a watch.
  • edited November 2007
    I loved the movie myself too. I liked how..

spoiler: They matched up their timeline to our world's history. Plus I kind of liked how the brothers reunited in our world.

My only miffs about the movie were minor fangirlisms of mine that would have made it suck anyway.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I don't know why, but Casshern reminds me of the old Blue Falcon cartoon from Hanna-Barbara.
  • The manga is so much better. I enjoy the movie but its ending was kind of weak. Because it destroy any kind of connection to the original source and becomes more like a fanfic.
  • The manga is so much better.
    I agree. I've tried to watch the anime on a couple occasions, and I just can't follow through on it, but I've kept up on the manga from just about when it started coming out here.
  • "Touka Koukan"

Not "Touka Kouka" or "Touka Koukai".
  • I thought the movie was worth watching. I really hated the ending of the show, so the movie for me was sort of like the creators saying "Oops, sorry, we made a crappy ending. Here's a decent movie that creates a slightly better ending."
  • I thought the movie was worth watching. I really hated the ending of the show, so the movie for me was sort of like the creators saying "Oops, sorry, we made a crappy ending. Here's a decent movie that creates a slightly better ending."
    So they practically pulled an Eva? I haven't seen the ending to FMA, nor have I seen the movie.
  • I watched the movie, but they did things exactly how I didn't want them too. The show ending, like Rym, had me in tears. It was enough for me that they didn't need a movie, but the ambiguous ending was very half-assed.
  • I fully agree with MitchyD. ;)
  • So they practically pulled an Eva? I haven't seen the ending to FMA, nor have I seen the movie.
    It didn't rewrite the ending, if that's the what you mean.
  • edited November 2007
    FMA was the first anime series I ever watched. This was last year when I moved into a house with a guy who used to downloads lots of anime, alas I don't live with him anymore so don't get to see much anime now. (still half way through Gun Grave though) Anyway back to FMA, I loved the series, the plot was awesome and the characters were likable. I also enjoyed the film but this maybe because of my mate had already told me they wouldn't be fighting Nazis with magic so my hopes weren't too high.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • They didn't had any alchemy powers on this world.