This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Claymore/Deathnote anime vs manga vs movie question

edited November 2007 in Anime
So I watched the Deathnote live action movie and enjoyed it thoroughly. I started watching the anime but from the first 3 episodes i watched, it was the exact same as the movie. Is it worth watching still or is everything the same? If the movie breaks from the anime at any point, what episode should i start watching?

Likewise, i've read the Claymore manga, should i bother with the anime?

Comments

• The movie, compared to the manga, is absolute crap. It is completely different. And, from what I've seen of the anime, it's pretty much just the manga. The film puts in the whole art museum thing and everything that happens afterward, which wasn't in the manga, and, from what I've read on Wikipedia, the second movie is entirely different from the manga. Seriously though, how could you enjoy those movies? I suggest just starting the manga from the beginning, (or the anime, if that's what you prefer) because it's so much higher quality than the film.
  • Man, I hated the movie. The manga and the anime are about equal, so just pick one.
  • The movie's only good if you get the terrible engrish subs, from what I've heard.
  • The movie's only good if you get the terrible engrish subs, from what I've heard.
    That and the heinous acting, particularly when someone has a heart attack.
  • edited November 2007
    If you've read the Claymore manga, then you don't need to go out of your way to see the anime. It's mostly a good adaptation and it's nice to see some scenes animated, but there's nothing that's going to blow away a manga reader. It also has an anime-only ending; something you might want to avoid. Still, It's something to sate your appetite during that month long wait between chapters.
    Post edited by Reimu on
  • Wow, is the anime that much better than the movie? I thought the movie was good and it had a very satisfying ending, imo. Must check the anime out then and see how much better it is.
  • edited November 2007
    Wow, is the anime that much better than the movie? I thought the movie was good and it had a very satisfying ending, imo. Must check the anime out then and see how much better it is.
    Did the movie have epic pen writing?
    Post edited by Reimu on
  • Lol, that aspect would look retarded if dramatized in live action.
  • I haven't seen the movie of Death Note, neither have I watched the entire anime, nor read the entire manga. However, I can say this. There is no way in hell they could've put the entire story in a movie format, thus they must have rewritten the story to fit. Which I don't think is possible. You'll get more out of the story if you read the manga or watch the anime. I think the anime is a pretty exact animation of the manga.
  • Wow, is the anime that much better than the movie? I thought the movie was good and it had a very satisfying ending, imo. Must check the anime out then and see how much better it is.
    If you liked the Death Note film, the anime and manga will blow your mind. Actually, you should wear a helmet, just to be on the safe side.
  • Ahh! I want to watch the live action movies so much! They look great.. but Light's actor looks nothing like the anime/manga version. L looks okay.

Mind you, I'm judging from one poster..

And yes, you should finish at least the manga or the anime - one or the other. They're awesome, made of win, and really addiction. My anime-hating friend says it looks good - though, she watched the dub...