This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Xbox 360: Games worth playing

edited December 2007 in Video Games
I just go a 360 which came with Forza and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, now, I already picked up Halo 3 and I have my eye on Call of Duty 4. I wonder, any other games I should play?

Comments

• edited December 2007
    Gears of War, Bioshock and Mass Effect
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • Call of Duty 4 has the best online IMO, and just might ruin all Halo 3 hype you might have had. That and Guitar Hero 3 have been ruling my 360 right now.
    If you didn't have a good enough computer for it I would get the Orange Box or Psychonauts ($15 on the new digital Xbox 1 download service)
    Geometry Wars is always a good time if you want an XBLA game.
  • Crackdown is worth a look. I've heard it described as the best superhero game ever. Also, it should be quite inexpensive by now, so that's a bonus.
  • I already have Guitar Hero 1 and 2 on the PS2, I am probably not going to buy a second set of guitars any time soon.

Oh by the way, here is my gamercard. Add me!
  • Gears of War
    BioShock
    Halo 3
    Dead Rising
    Orange Box
    Mass Effect
    GUN
    Guitar Hero 2, 3, Rock Band
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Call of Duty 4
    Crackdown
    Earth Defense Force: 2017
  • edited December 2007
    Viva Pinata
    It's still the best game on the 360 that is not Orange Box.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • edited December 2007
    Viva Pinata
    It's still the best game on the 360 not Orange Box.
    Psh. I played that game and apart from the wonderful character design and excellent use of color, it's trite and annoying.

Make sure you pick up Carcassone and Catan from the Xbox Live Arcade.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I recommend skate. if you liked Tony Hawk in the Beginning but got bored with it. All other than that, stick to MitchyD's list.
  • I recommend skate. if you liked Tony Hawk in the Beginning but got bored with it. All other than that, stick to MitchyD's list.
    Yeah, I liked Tony Hawk 2, but I lost interest, and have never wanted to play any more games like that. Same with 1080 snowboarding for N64. Played it out, and now all those SSX games have nothing for me.
  • skate. is very good, I think that mostly is because its very skilled based. You actually have to become good at it to progress through the game, but even without that skill you can still have fun just skating around the world and doing tricks.
  • You actually have to become good at it to progress through the game, but even without that skill you can still have fun just skating around the world and doing tricks.
    I hate to make this kind of argument, so I'm not arguing a point here, but I much prefer actually skating in the real world and doing real tricks than emulating them with a controller. ^_~

Not that I've done a trick in almost a decade, though... Unless you count not dying when I tried to skate down Odell Avenue in Yonkers one day.
  • I have seen Call of Duty 4 at the local game shop and it is much better looking than Halo 3.

I for one have been spoiled by the controls for Metroid Prime 3 and can never go back to dual analog stick. If you enjoy those types of games do not play the new Metroid. It will ruin you. You will never want to go back.
  • edited December 2007
    I haven't bought a console in years but I think I'm going to save for a 360, it's got a lot going for it. The PS3 is still a rip off, and not that many exclusives.
    Post edited by dutopia on
  • I now declare that the Xbox 360 is now known as the Xbox 2Ï€

That is all.
  • edited December 2007
    Crackdown is an excellent game. It's basically GTA, but you're a cop. And you gain super powers. Also, Mass Effect is pretty damn amazing. I know it has taken some heat in the reviews, but Assassin's Creed is pretty fun as well. Test Drive Unlimited is great as a free driving racing game. And if you love giant robots, do yourself a favor and go pick up Chromehounds; it should be less than $20 if you look around.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited December 2007
    If you're into Mecha games, try Armored Core 4. It's easily the most accessible of the series and is much faster-paced than Chromehounds.

Also, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion is definitely worth a go.

Great Games:
    - Bioshock
    - Call of Duty 2
    - The Orange Box

Good Games:
    - Dead Rising
    - Assassin's Creed
    - Crackdown

Games to avoid:
    - Beautiful Katamari: Don't get me wrong. I love the Katamari series. However, the control layout of the 360 (the two sticks aren't on the same horizontal line) makes turning difficult and if you've already played Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari, the novelty would have worn-off by now. Simply put, there's nothing new.
    - Overlord: Dark Pikmin? Sweet! Well, not really. The concept is awesome, but overall, it's nowhere near as polished as Pikmin. There are numerous glitches and the camera is horrendous.
    Post edited by One Sin on
  • edited December 2007

Make sure you pick up Carcassone and Catan from the Xbox Live Arcade.
    Don't play WiP though. :(

He makes me a saaaaaad panda.
    Post edited by MitchyD on
  • I now declare that the Xbox 360 is now known as the Xbox 2π

That is all.
    You know you are an engineer when...
  • You know you are an engineer when...
    More like "You know you have had a basic math education when...". I do agree that I lol'd when I read that.
  • I have to disagree with One Sin on Overlord. I finished it and while it was buggy at first, those bugs have been fixed and I enjoyed it. I'm playing Pikmin now on the Wii and it is a very good game. I think I'm going to have to give the entire Gamecube portfolio a look.

Funny that with all the games out right now, I'm playing Pikmin, Resident Evil 4 and Half Life 2.
  • Funny that with all the games out right now, I'm playing Pikmin, Resident Evil 4 and Half Life 2.
    Can't go wrong with any of those. Any gamer should play them at some point in their lives.
  • Speaking of, I gave HL2 another go-round last night and still can't get in to it. Being stuck in Ravenholm doesn't help. Still, those games ARE great and like Apreche says, should definitely be played. They make a great batch to dive in to when we hit the next dry spell.
  • Speaking of, I gave HL2 another go-round last night and still can't get in to it. Being stuck in Ravenholm doesn't help. Still, those games ARE great and like Apreche says, should definitely be played. They make a great batch to dive in to when we hit the next dry spell.
    Ravenholm is the worst part of HL2 IMHO. It's relatively frustrating and annoying, even when you have the skill to get past it. Once you get past it though, the game opens up and gets crazy go nuts.
  • Ravenholm is the worst part of HL2 IMHO. It's relatively frustrating and annoying, even when you have the skill to get past it. Once you get past it though, the game opens up and gets crazy go nuts.
    Ravenholm is Valve saying "Look we make a physics engine, it's awesome."
  • Funny that with all the games out right now, I'm playing Pikmin, Resident Evil 4 and Half Life 2.
    Can't go wrong with any of those. Any gamer should play them at some point in their lives.
    Damn, haven't played any of those three.
  • Damn, haven't played any of those three.
    What're you waiting for?
  • Damn, haven't played any of those three.
    What're you waiting for?
    Money, console(s), time, the works.
  • Money, console(s), time, the works.
    Be cool, stay in school.
  • I'm stuck in an area in Ravenholm that's hard to describe. It's in the area where you can hop along roofs, in to an apartment and walk down to the street again. The preacher dude has a trolley over the street or something... I just keep going in circles and have no idea what the fuck to do. Any suggestions?
  • I'm stuck in an area in Ravenholm that's hard to describe. It's in the area where you can hop along roofs, in to an apartment and walk down to the street again. The preacher dude has a trolley over the street or something... I just keep going in circles and have no idea what the fuck to do. Any suggestions?
    Is that the part where the cars go up and down?