This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

windows washer

edited December 2007 in Everything Else
What's a good tool for cleaning up Windows history? Or is the answer just to get off windows?

Comments

• What do you mean "Windows history"? Browser history? My Recent Documents history?
  • Shift+Delete. That is, if you don't want to use Linux. If you do, burn a LiveCD, try it, and if you like it and it works with all your hardware, go nuts.
  • CCleaner is a good tool to use. Will clean the histories of several programs at once and you can add a "clean everything" option to the right click menu of the recycle bin so someone can be looking at your screen and not realize.Saved my ass a few times.
  • Will clean the histories of several programs at once
    Eh, doesn't shift+del on Temp work just as well?
  • Some programs won't keep their files in there AFAIK.
  • Thanks.. I shold have specified.. by windows history, i mean internet explorer history. I appreciate your input. About two days after i posted this question, the boys did a show about how they don't really care for folks asking them to fix their computers. Duh. Felt like a jerk. I"ll get my linux situation worked out here over the holidays. Thanks for taking my request seriously Mr. Omnutia.
  • i mean internet explorer history.
    Ooooh, that's a lot easier. There should be a few buttons to clean up stuff in your Internet Explorer options.