This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Michael Bay and Microsoft's Hi-Def conspiracy

edited December 2007 in Technology
So, I was listening to the latest episode of The Big Bald Broadcast yesterday (it's a great podcast; check it out), and the hosts were discussing a recent conspiracy on Michael Bay's forum regarding the state of the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray wars. He claims that Microsoft wants both formats to fail.

Here's the captured audio clip.
Michael Bay's post.

Comments

• edited December 2007
    I couldn't give two shits if HD-DVD and Blu-Ray fail or not. And if Michael Bay is correct, then Microsoft is being smart by trying to move to digital downloading.

[Edit] And why the fuck does Michael Bay have his own forum!?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited December 2007
    And why the fuck does Michael Bay have his own forum!?
    He started a blog in January 2006.

He built a site around it, including a forum.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Microsoft has no stake in either format. Sony's the one who has something to lose putting all their eggs into Blu-Ray
  • Microsoft has no stake in either format.
    If you don't count developing the codec most HD-DVD's use for the movies, or the Microsoft HD-DVD add-on for the 360.

Microsoft has a large stake in HD-DVD. Not so large that they NEED it to win though. Micheal Bay is mad because he knows that 90% of the Blu-Ray players are PS3 and therefore owned by the same demographic for his movie. I want to see how long he continues to bite the hand that feeds him. He already recanted once because of an HD-DVD statment he made on his website.