This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mario DS

edited May 2006 in Everything Else
Just wondering if anyone else pick it up today. It is full of classic Mario goodness.

Comments

• We're getting it tomorrow.
  • edited May 2006
    This game looks awesome. How big can you get if you eat enough mushrooms? I've heard mario or luigi can take up the entire screen. I'll pick this up too.
    Post edited by glimpster on
  • That's only if you get a giant mushroom. They do fill up the screen and man o man do they bring the hurt.
  • I'm on this game like a fanboy on this game.
  • I bet you'll be able to tackle 10 enemies at a time. Here I come koopa troops!

Did anyone watch that Mario show on TV as a kid?
  • Umm..

Not only did I watch it, but I have a picture of Magic Johnson from his appearance on the show (in Mario and Luigi's medicine cabinet) that he SIGNED for me.
  • Watch the show? Hey you! DO THE MARIO!!!
  • Glimp, that's like asking if any of us ever played NES games. :p

Of course, I really watched it for the Legend of Zelda cartoons they would play on Fridays. I think it was Friday, anyhow.
  • edited May 2006
    damnit, I need a way to delete comments.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • You can hide comments as an admin.
  • edited May 2006
    The summer after my junior year of high school, I went to an honors school thing for information technology. Each student was given a laptop, and constant access to a high speed connection. This was the first time I had used anything faster than dial-up and whatever connection my high school had, so naturally...

... the first thing I did was download all the Zelda episodes from the Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

And DAMN, it was awful. They really are unbearable to anyone over the age of 10 - only nostalgia could bring an adult to watch it. But even nostalgia can't help you avoid doing that "oh my god the beloved thing of my youth is so incredibly terrible" mental vomit. Link? Biggest horndog, EVER. Dear lord. Not that this stopped me from watching all the episodes or anything, though....
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • As long as we're resurrecting long, long dead posts today, I might as well bring up the New Super Mario Brothers. I beat it in three days a month or so ago, right after I got done pwning Pokemon, and have spent the past 24 hours grabbing all of the coins. I have only one coin to get (the final coin in the World 8 castle) AND I CAN'T FIND IT. I suppose I could look at a walkthrough, but that ruins it. I AM rather proud, though, to have mastered the whole bloody damned thing.
  • IAMrather proud, though, to have mastered the whole bloody damned thing.
    Not to be a bubble burster, but that game is damn easy. I got all the coins up to world 4, and I stopped only because it was so boringly easy. Bring back the impossibly hard Japanese Mario 2 and 3 I say.
  • Not all of us are D-Pad masters. Maybe a difficulty setting could've been added to the game to satisfy all? My wife found it terribly easy . . . me not so much. [shame]

The mini games rock. Who would've thought four player Othello could be so awesome.
  • Dr. Evil says: You just... don't... get it, do you, Scott?