This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

CSH and Geeknights

edited December 2007 in Everything Else
I know this is losing points, but in this forum I can't lose many more points, so who cares.

R&S, as RIT graduates, did you ever encounter any people from the good house that calls itself Computer Science House? If I may drop names, Tad? Airwick? Tourist? Giles? Fletcher? Rory? I'm just wondering how connected you guys are....

I graduated in 01, so I beat the bubble. Burn you.

-dk

Comments

• I talked to John Resig a few times at the social computing club. I think he was a CSH man. He's the Javascript Evangelist for Mozilla now. Other than that, we were on quite unfriendly terms with CSH. We could tell the stories.
  • Scott was infamous among CSH's leadership for various reasons, and I only served to fuel the fire. We actually got them into some trouble at one point.

We should have kept the flag we stole, too...
  • I talked to John Resig a few times at the social computing club. I think he was a CSH man. He's the Javascript Evangelist for Mozilla now. Other than that, we were on quite unfriendly terms with CSH. We could tell the stories.
    Please tell the stories.
  • The problem with CSH from my view was that there meeting was on thursday night (same night as the anime club) and they pretty much wanted exclusive control over you. Blah, I interviewed there my freshmen year, wasn't interested.
  • They also never finished any of their projects, and tended to leave their equipment and resources idle.
  • The only thing I recall from CSH is that there were 2-3 girls there and that they got alot of attention for being there. I also recall one of them taking full advantage of the situation.
  • That is most true. I once remarked to one of the e-board members that "you realize that you're choosing who will, in effect, get a job, and who won't, right?" He said yes.

I got kicked out twice. Most of them are good people, but fsck the frats, as far as I know.