This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Multitasking over the Holidays.

edited December 2007 in Everything Else
The only way I'm going to get anything done in the brief time that I'm off for the holiday is to do three things at once. And by get things done, I mean things on my computer. And while being entertained. Here, I'm moving files off my laptop so I can free up some space, I'm blogging and I'm watching Cowboy Beebop. I've had the CB disks for 4 years and I have yet to watch the series! Finding time to watch shows I have any interest in is almost impossible. So if I force myself to watch them while I'm doing other stuff (with headphones on), I can do it.

This also keeps me upstairs and sort-of participating with the house full of people that I have. Well, participating in the sense that I'm not in the basement (the headphones might inhibit interactivity a little bit).

Being engrossed in something is one of the highest states of human existence. One way to get engrossed is through sensory overload. I think that that's happening here. All on a little 14.1 inch laptop too.

Comments

• I'm watching Cowboy Beebop.
    *applauds* Awesome! And there's a lot more hiding in your task bar. You're not having multiple copy windows open, do you? As far as I know that mostly results in taking more time total.

Good luck though, and enjoy Cowboy Bebop :D
  • edited December 2007
    Yeah, I have to write about 5 (4-7 pages) texts for exams , multi tasking results mostly in a total shutdown for me, lucky you. Otherwise not finding time to watch Coboy Bebop shounds too painful to even imagine.
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • My wife says I cannot work during the holidays but I think tomorrow with the in-laws I'm going to breakdown and do it. Headphones, eggnog, and flow charts for me . . . sweetness.
  • I already DID my multitasking: normal life, plus extra socializing, plus personal wrapping, plus wrapping for charity, plus extra work hours.

I haven't even started on my homework. =3

As far as I see, most days will be a one-event thing; whether work or that party or camping. It'll be so nice...