This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Movies you should show to your friends

2»

Comments

• Wow, I've not heard a Tank Girl reference in years.
    I found these to be deep and interesting.
    Most Kurosawa really but these to are my favorites.
    • Red Beard
    • Ran
    These are all very interesting in no particular order.
    • Twilight Samurai
    • Lawrence of Arabia
    • Symphony for Mr. Vengeance
    • Harakiri
    • The Machinist
    Finally, AI - Artificial Intelligence, I was going to link to IMDB but that has gotten to be a horrid wasteland of pop-up ads, so screw them. Some people like it some don't. I think it is an excellent statement about humanity and poses some interesting questions.

• Finally, AI - Artificial Intelligence, I was going to link to IMDB but that has gotten to be a horrid wasteland of pop-up ads, so screw them.
    If you were running firefox with ad block plus, this isn't a factor. Well, not for myself at least. =P ^_~

I'd also like to add another movie that recently came out on DVD:

Stardust. (Robert De Niro, you are awesome in this movie!)
    edited December 2007
    I was going to link to IMDB but that has gotten to be a horrid wasteland of pop-up ads, so screw them.
    There are pop-ups on the IMDb? I get no warnings that Firefox is blocking pop-ups, so there are none. Are you sure your OS is clean? Anyways, here's the IMDb page for A.I. Artificial Intelligence. I agree that it's a good movie.

EDIT: Oh, since I watch few movies, let me add The Muppets Christmas Carrol. I'm a sucker for Muppets. Long live Beaker. :D And Kermit, and Animal, and Fonzy, and... I'll shut up.
    Post edited by ... on
  • OT: OK that's weird, when I went there from work the other day I got a pop-up. When I went to look-up A.I. I got a pop-up. Now when I go there nothing. I've been getting pop-up's from IMDB for months, every time I go to the site, but now I can't make it throw one. As far as a "clean OS" you'd be better off insulting my mom than the integrity of my operating system.
  • Ong Bak
    Tom Yum Goong
    Banlieue 13

Epic Movies.
  • edited December 2007
    Yo dopievoli! Sorry I took so log to post on your thread. Anyway, I like showing my friends Akira for some reason. I guess I just like to see their reaction to it.

Here are a list of other movies that I like to show my friends as well.

.Original "un"remastered Star Wars trilogy. (Yeah I know it's over done)
    .Ghost Busters 1 and 2
    .The Fifth Element
    .Dogma
    .Luck Number Sleven
    .Enter the Dragon
    .Hot Fuz
    .The Goonies
    Post edited by LadyRelena on
  • Zero Effect The world's most private detective.

A great detective movie that almost nobody has heard of. It is on my Mount Rushmore of movies to introduce people to. Also, proof that Ben Stiller was funny, at least in 1998.
  • Die Hard
    It's A Wonderful Life
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    Casablanca
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    The Shining
    Fargo
    The Hudsucker Proxy
    Terminator 2
  • The Warriors, The Warriors, a thousand times The Warriors.

Speaking personally, I have to say that my friend group is not really in the habit of watching "good" movies - we don't really watch anything in the caliber of a Brazil or a 2001: A Space Odyssey or a Graduate. That's not to say we don't like those movies - it's just that when we get together, we prefer to watch ridiculous action movies. Like The Warriors.
  • Fantasia and Fantasia 2000
  • Runaway Jury.
  • edited January 2008
    Also, Shoot 'Em Up, just to watch Paul Giamatti saying "well fuck me sideways."
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edited January 2008
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • It's a Complex World

It is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, but hard to find.
  • Cheats
    this should have been the tag line for the movie. "Sammy and I may have hated school, but Victor - Victor hated everything. His motto was "I hate everything."
    Clerks
    G.I JOE movie - come on Sgt Slaughter plays himself
    Shichinin no samurai