This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

edited December 2007 in Everything Else
Ok, it's 1:00 here now, had my fun and have returned safely... somewhat. *coughs*

So, Happy new year to all of you, and best wishes for 2008.

Now the fireworks. Fireworks consisted of smog lighting up or not. Darned mist, darned early fireworks. Ah well, went "oooooooooooh" and "aaaaaaaaah" at all the fancy parts of the smoke lighting up, or not.

Comments

• Same here, I guess where in the same time zone. I got a piece of fire work into my eye.. ^^" Happy new year!
  • 3 hours and 5 minutes for me. Lots of time for gaming yet.
  • Happy New Year! It's past midnight right now and we're about to do a Guitar Hero fest. The gang and I are bringing in the new with much geekery and gaming.
  • Yep, Happy New Year everyone. I will continue playing ZDaemon for a little whiles yet.
  • happy new year all!
  • New Years is the dumbest "holiday" ever.
  • I'm almost four hours late, but happy new year's...
  • 2:51 PST here, just got back to the house. Happy New Year!
  • edited January 2008
    New Years is the dumbest "holiday" ever.
    I submit Valentines Day. Oh, and Happy New Year.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Just getting up but Happy New Year. We had a bunch of friends over last night and played Rock Band and Apples to Apples. It was a great time.
  • I WIN OVER YOU ALL. I WAS CAMPING.

=3 Me and the Venturer group I'm in (aka, my two friends XD) went and stayed in a cabin from the 30th to today (the 1st) with far too much food, lots of wood, and many swearing and dirty jokes and a mini D&D game and Yu-Gi-Oh.
    For the actual New Years? We opened shittons of those Christmas crackers and ate cake.

My vocab for the whole three days was pretty much: Fuck, cunt, hat. I learned that third word when we pulled out the New Years party hats!
  • edited January 2008
    Hat, the new cuss word.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I got to play GH2 and Mario Party 8 with my little cousins.

Oh, and I must say, I hate the 360 guitar controllers, and the game seemed to be simplified.
  • I haven't had access to a computer until now, so let me wish you all a belated Happy New Year. ^_^

I basically spent the evening playing co-op Mario Galaxy with a friend. Fun times.
  • edited January 2008
    I decided to try my first-ever attempt at making fried wontons as a snack for when the ball dropped. They contained cream cheese, green onions, and water chestnuts. They turned out pretty good, although I should've chopped up the water chestnuts even smaller (lesson learned: A can of sliced water chestnuts just aren't sliced enough). I also made some hot apple cider (non-alcoholic); I can make a mean gallon of that stuff.

My aunt also made us a snack. You know the first line of The Christmas Song, "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire"? Well, we literally did that. Man, they were awesome! They taste like sweet potatoes. I've never had chestnuts before, so I'm glad my aunt found some and cooked up a few dozen.

Finally, after the ball dropped, we watched my new Hot Fuzz DVD that my sister got me for Christmas. My mom and aunt hadn't seen it yet, and they're glad I showed them.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • It's hard to see the decorations coming down, but I've always considered the rest of January to be a relatively happy time. There's no farm work to speak of, and the work at school is just the beginnings of lecture, when you can just enjoy lecture without needing to actually do anything.
    I submit Valentines Day. Oh, and Happy New Year.

There are 2 kinds of people who hate Valentines Day: Those who don't have a girlfriend/wife and those who have had a girlfriend/wife for a while.

Generally, after Christmas and New Years, I don't have anything to look forward to until it's warm again outside (around late April here), but we're having twins sometime in January, so that will help with the Winter Doldrums.
  • we're having twins sometime in January, so that will help with the Winter Doldrums.
    Congratulations!
  • but we're having twins sometime in January
    Two bundles of joy! Congrats. =3
  • but we're having twins sometime in January,
    Wow, that's great. Congrats! I remember you mentioning this a while back, in one of your posts. I am glad everything is going well.
  • Happy Belated New Years!!!! Mine was spent browsing this forum and drinking and eating obscenley large amounts of Sparkling Grape Juice and Lil' Smokies. =)
  • Nene Sparkling Sake
    It is amazing. Thanks Corbin
    Happy New Years all =D