This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Twilight Zone

edited January 2008 in Everything Else
I'm watching the Twilight Zone marathon right and I am very happy. I love this series since I was a kid and always hated it when I would be pulled away from the TV since they do this on holidays.

So how about your favorite episodes? My favorites are when this couple is stuck in a fake neighborhood (Last episode of the marathon! Fuck Yeah!). Another is the one I'm watching now when death is trying to take the life of a tie salesman. It's one of my top favorite because it gives me a happy tears feeling. Plus the one with the store floor that doesn't exist.

Comments

• edited January 2008
    That is one of the best television shows ever created. I would say some of my favorite episodes are the one with the aliens attacking a lady on the farm, the ghost submarine, the episode with the really ugly people being normal and humans being ugly, and the camera that takes pictures of the future.
    It has also spawned one of the greatest rides ever, the Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • the episode with the really ugly people being normal and humans being ugly
    I just seen that today. It's now added to my favorites. I did see it coming though yet I was still in suspense over her uncovering.
    It has also spawned one of the greatest rides ever, the Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror.
    It was cool. I remember it well. I can't say it's the greatest to me though. Probably the greatest in rides that drop down.
  • My personal favorites are the one where the devil is in the eastern european castle, and the famous nuclear explosion, guy has all the time in the world to read one. Even though it's a simple concept, it just really saddens me.
  • I got the entire series for Christmas this year. I was literally jumping for joy. This series is double-plus awesome!
  • edited January 2008
    It was cool. I remember it well. I can't say it's the greatest to me though. Probably the greatest in rides that drop down.
    What makes it amazing now is that they had a recent update in which computers now randomize the drops so you never really know how many there is going to be. It adds something for people like me who can perfectly predict when the drop is coming.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Twilight Zone July 4th marathon! W00t!
  • I got The Twilight Zone- Complete Definitive Collection for my dad a while ago since he likes watching it whenever its on tv. I don't think he has tried watching a single DVD of the collection since he's had it. Awesome.
  • Does Rod Serling seem like he's the video counter-part of Lovecraft a little? Their stories overlap in the fact that the horror they give us is the ramifications of the given truth. Hell, the beginning of The Howling Man(R.S.) and Dagon (H.P.) are extremely similar. Like in The Lurking Fear (Lovecraft, spoiler)It ends with the narrator thinking of all the humanoid creatures that could exist in the hives like the one he stumbled upon that could be anywhere.They both give the reader that uncertainty that shatters the present reality and give you darkness and confusion. They both are vague and general, giving no specifics in description, only base adjectives so that what they are describing is the very manifestation, the concentrated form of hideousness or whatever. The real fear I believe lies in the unknown.
  • Submitted for your approval, the story of one Victoria Gadson. A typical poster, on a typical forum. But little does she know that her posts are getting diverted. Diverted to a place.... Called the Twilight Zone.
  • The best episode was when the guy got chased by the angry slot machine.
  • I always loved the Twilight Zone, but for some reason, I can't remember a lot of specific episodes. Probably because I mostly saw them when I was a kid. Of course, To Serve Man is a classic. I remember bits of episodes here and there, but most of the rest kinda just blend together in my head into a general feeling.
    the episode with the really ugly people being normal and humans being ugly
    A while back, I drew a short comic that people kept comparing to a twilight zone episode that I never saw (pig people?) and I think it was that one.
    page 1, page 2.
  • I'm watching the 48hr marathon and a new one for my favorites list is Queen of the Nile. I love villianesses.
  • The Monster Are Due on Maple Street is my favorite.
  • The Monster Are Due on Maple Street is my favorite.
    This.
  • The Twilight Zone is an essential part of my New Year's Eve.