This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sam and Max - The New Series

edited January 2008 in Video Games
Has anyone checked these out yet? I bought all six of "Season One" on Steam for 30 bucks and finished Episode One today. While it consists of literally no gameplay, I was busting my gut laughing at the dialogue. I guess the puzzles are gameplay, but it's really just clicking things and listening to Sam and Max talk, and they're all fun to discover.

I miss the old Lucasarts version, and these aren't far off from "Hit the Road", so these not only fill nostalgia, they're legitimately fun.

Comments

• Coincidence, I just got ScummVM ready to rock this morning. Adventure games are coming soon.
  • Coincidence, I just got ScummVM ready to rock this morning. Adventure games are coming soon.
    The Monkey Island series is a must.
  • It seems they are giving away Episode 4 away for free of Sam and Max, I've been playing that and its funny. There is also an odd logic to the puzzles.
    I'm dying to get it running on my DS. I am having crazy problems with it though.

It seems they are giving away Episode 4 away for free of Sam and Max, I've been playing that and its funny. There is also an odd logic to the puzzles.
    I played for 5 minutes, laughed at least 10 times and purchased everything. On Steam it still gives you 5 for free, as does GameTap.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2008
    Coincidence, I just got ScummVM ready to rock this morning. Adventure games are coming soon.
    Why don't they make an episodic Monkey Island series? I personally think it would do pretty well in episodic format.
    Post edited by Geo on
    Why don't they make an episodic Monkey Island series? I personally it would pretty well in episodic format.
    That would be epic.
    Why don't they make an episodic Monkey Island series? I personally it would pretty well in episodic format.
    That would be epic.
    Totally. C'mon Telltale Games, quit slacking off. After they're done with Homestar Runner Wii Game, Monkey Island should be their next project.