This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Soul Calibur IV

edited January 2008 in Video Games
Soul Calibur IV is going to be released this summer, but that is not the news I really care about. This is: Special Characters. Needless to say, when I saw this I ROFL'd.

Comments

• All I can say is that the only Soul Calibur that matters is Soul Calibur 2 for GameCube. Soul Edge and Soul Calibur 1 where good, but 2 made them obsolete. 3 was nothing to get excited about. I don't see getting excited about 4 either.
  • Or you could play them on a system that didn't decide to use a PILE OF GARBAGE in lieu of an actual controller...
  • Soul Caliber is such a joke. All they care about now is naked butts.
  • It's been like that since Soul Calibur 2. It's still one of the best fighters out there, and probably the best 3D one. Deal with it.
  • It's been like that since Soul Calibur 2. It's still one of the best fighters out there, and probably the best 3D one. Deal with it.
    Definitely the best 3D fighter. No question. Also, I say the GameCube controller is great for Soul Calibur. It just makes sense the way it is laid out.
  • edited January 2008
    It's been like that since Soul Calibur 2. It's still one of the best fighters out there, and probably the best 3D one. Deal with it.
    Definitely the best 3D fighter. No question. Also, I say the GameCube controller is great for Soul Calibur. It just makes sense the way it is laid out.
    That's wrong. The PS2 is the best controller for Soul Calibur, since the buttons on the dual-shock 2 are evenly spaced out and does not give emphasis to a single move. In the Gamecube controller, the A button is significantly larger than the B button, and the X and Y buttons are incredibly out of the way.

Sometimes, you have to go from Block-to-Kick-to-Block really quickly, and having to go from cross over an abnormally large A button just to go from B-to-Y-to-B is horribly inefficient.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • That's wrong. The PS2 is the best controller for Soul Calibur, since the buttons on the dual-shock 2 are evenly spaced out and does not give emphasis to a single move. In the Gamecube controller, the A button is significantly larger than the B button, and the X and Y buttons are incredibly out of the way.

Sometimes, you have to go from Block-to-Kick-to-Block really quickly, and having to go from cross over an abnormally large A button just to go from B-to-Y-to-B is horribly inefficient.
    Fuck both of you. If you haven't played Soul Calibur 1 on Dreamcast, you haven't played shit.
  • That's wrong. The PS2 is the best controller for Soul Calibur, since the buttons on the dual-shock 2 are evenly spaced out and does not give emphasis to a single move. In the Gamecube controller, the A button is significantly larger than the B button, and the X and Y buttons are incredibly out of the way.

Fuck both of you. If you haven't played Soul Calibur 1 on Dreamcast, you haven't played shit.
    I played it on the Dreamcast first after 2 years of playing Tekken 3 on the PS1 in college. It was the single most amazing genre upgrade I have ever witnessed.
  • Fuck both of you. If you haven't played Soul Calibur 1 on Dreamcast, you haven't played shit.
    I've played plenty of Soul Calibur 1 on the Dreamcast. It was amazing in its day, and it still is amazing. Soul Calibur 2 is just better, and nothing to this day has beaten it.
  • Soul Calibur 2 is indeed quite awesome, but definitely not on the Gamecube...especially if you're playing competitively.
  • Yoda and Darth Vader as special characters, I have no idea whether this is awesome or incredibly stupid. All I can say is that the video that shows them is unintentionally hilarious.
  • Ugh, those were horrible choices for special characters. They are so far off from the Soul Calibur universe, that I may end up turning away from this game.

Incredibly disappointing. Lightsaber > All Bladed Weapons.
  • Ugh, those were horrible choices for special characters. They are so far off from the Soul Calibur universe, that I may end up turning away from this game.

Incredibly disappointing. Lightsaber > All Bladed Weapons.
    That would be exactly why it is hilarious; but you have to admit, you really want to try using them.
  • Fuck both of you. If you haven't played Soul Calibur 1 on Dreamcast, you haven't played shit.
    I agree. I wanted to like Soul Calibur 2 very badly. However, it can't hold a candle to Soul Calibur 1. That's why I refuse to part with my Dreamcast to this day, in spite of Carole's repeated attempts to throw it away.
  • Tycho's look of pure ire today is priceless.
  • I'm kinda on the fence about this one. After my disappointment with 3 I might just try 4 through someone else. Plus the Star Wars additions isn't really exciting me.

Whoever said Soul Caliber 2 was the great one is right. however, whoever said the Gamecube version....WTF mate? I much rather play on the PS2 or XBOX any day.