This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

LIVE ACTION RIVER CITY RANSOM MOVIE!!!

GeoGeo
edited January 2008 in Video Games
I have made a very amazing and very interesting discovery. A website called X-Strike Studios has made a live-action adaption of the classic video game River City Ransom. It is however not availiable to download from the internet but is instead being sold from the X-Strike Studios website for just 10 fuckin' dollars. From what i've seen on imdb (yes it even has it's own imdb page!) a lot of people really liked it due to the fact of it not being repetitive throughout the movie and the fact that a lot of references from the original game are scattered throughout the film. What does anyone else think about this event?

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Links, please. Sounds fishy, or atleast like just a shitty fan-film. Also, having an IMDB page lends it no credibility, as anyone can purchase an IMDB page.

My opinion? Making a movie out of River City Ransom is a stupid idea.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • This is OLD. I read about this in High School, it's a fan thing, nothing more.

And I'm with Sail. BAD. Just give me a DS port. With NOTHING added but wireless coop.
  • I agree with MitchyD. The first time I played it was on an emulator on a comp at school, and I loved it right away. I would be on board for a DS port with some kind of wireless play.
  • Links, please. Sounds fishy, or atleast like just a shitty fan-film. Also, having an IMDB page lends it no credibility, as anyone can purchase an IMDB page.

My opinion? Making a movie out of River City Ransom is a stupid idea.
    You don't believe me? Here's the link that will prove everything!
    http://www.x-strikestudios.com/rivercity.html

Enjoy! ;)
  • I agree with MitchyD. The first time I played it was on an emulator on a comp at school, and I loved it right away. I would be on board for a DS port with some kind of wireless play.
    There was however, a GBA remake that was surpisingly good in my opinion. However, that remake is nearly impossible to find in any store.
  • It also doesn't have co-op.
  • It also doesn't have co-op.
    True dat.
  • Rym posited the theory that Scott Pilgrim is in some ways a loose adaptation of River City Ransom. (Fight the twins?) If not an actual homage, it contains a heck ton of references to the game.
  • They also did one on Metal Gear, and Pa Rappa da Rappa. PBC is in every movie (so far) in one shape or another.
  • edited March 2008
    They also have one on Resident Evil/Silent Hill called Silent Horror and are making a sequel to it right now.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • They also did one on Metal Gear, and Pa Rappa da Rappa. PBC is in every movie (so far) in one shape or another.
    What!!?? What site is this so-called Metal Gear movie on and can you give me a friggin link!!!!
  • edited March 2008
    They also did one on Metal Gear, and Pa Rappa da Rappa. PBC is in every movie (so far) in one shape or another.
    What!!?? What site is this so-called Metal Gear movie on and can you give me a friggin link!!!!
    http://www.x-strikestudios.com/snake.html

Tada! Took you right to the snake page.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • this game seems to be only for bbc's
  • when the ice melts any one wanna go up to delfino plaza and ....uh...... mess around
  • when the ice melts any one wanna go up to delfino plaza and ....uh...... mess around
    What? That did not make any sense whatsoever and please mind you grammar and spelling and only post relatively useful statements. For all of our sakes, please comply with these simple requests.