This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Awesome Old People

edited January 2008 in Everything Else
Check this out to see old people being awesome:
McCpBsH9cOQ
omIrLgQO9O0

This is a band of old people (age 70 to 95) who sing popular songs from not that long ago. It is pretty funny to see a guy with an oxygen tube singing "Stayin Alive" and wearing a white suit (2nd video). I love the fact that these people are not just sitting around and slowly dying, but living life to the fullest and having FUN! I wish more old people would do this instead of complaining about "those youngsters" and stuff like that. I just learned about this group the other night when I went to a screening of The Bucket List and there was a trailer for a pseudo-documentary about them. It looks like it will be a great movie.

What do all of you think about these people?

Comments

• edited January 2008
    That's pretty great. But most growing old doesn't change you in any way, really. One finds that those who were awesome in younger years continue to be so in the older ones. The grouchy old people you see were typically that way when they were younger.

As for The Bucket List, there's an obligatory joke that must be gotten out of the way here before the thread continues further.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • That joke poster is pretty funny. And you are probably right about people either being awesome or grouchy for their entire lives. Regardless, I still wish more old people were like the ones in the videos.
  • Wow. So awesome. If only my grandfather could do something like this instead of rot away in a assisted living home complaining about how dangerous the world is and how he won WWII while he ignores all the people around him other then his family.
  • Awesome people! I also wish my grandfather could do something like that. But sadly he has Alzheimer, so yeah, that limits the possibilities.
  • I saw the documentary about this today with my parents. It was pretty good, worth the watch.
  • edited May 2008
    A little time ago here in Finland were a TV show where they made a choir out of people over 70 and they sang rock songs. I wasn't really interested of the show, but I saw few episodes and there were some really cool old people in that show.
    Post edited by Apsup on