This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PSP + 3.80 Custom Firmware

edited January 2008 in Video Games
Okay, I looked and I couldn't find a discussion solely on the concept of hacking a PSP. (And we're not going to take piracy into account, except for the use of emulators). I just installed the 3.80 M33-2 custom firmware (CFW), and as always, they've added new features that surprise me.

First, the idea that you can do all the cool features Sony wants you to do, and have all the homebrew possibilities is pretty nice. But, with the release of 3.80, the Network Update feature (which before meant that you just lost your CFW and had to hope for a downgrader available) now updates to the next CFW. That's awesome.

Now, the thing that sparked this whole idea was that I'm working on downgrading at least 5 of my friend's PSPs. Now, for at least what I've listened to, Geeknights hasn't mentioned hacking PSPs. So, I decided to take it to the forums.

I enjoy using homebrew and emulators on my PSP, and I have been known to download Japanese games for a test-play. If anyone is in the same boat, post your story or comments. Thanks!

Comments

• I've hacked about 12 PSP's (Both Slim AND Phat), so I'm pretty knowledgeable of the process.
  • I did 3 of them today, (2 phat, 1 slim), and have 3 more planned over the next week. I honestly enjoy the process and like the idea that my friends can rely on me for this, but I haven't heard of too many other people (outside of the hacking forums, of course) that have done it.
  • I wanted to, but I cant do it without the Pandora's battery, but I need a PSP with FW 1.5 for that. It kinda sucks, but when I can, it'll be downgraded.