This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Patapon: TWENTY FUCKING DOLLARS

edited January 2008 in Everything Else
AWESOME.

There's no reason NOT to buy this, fools.

Comments

• There's no reason NOT to buy this, fools.
    You mean apart from not owning a PSP...
  • I've already got it pre-ordered, and my PSP charged and ready for it.
  • If I had a PSP, I would get this so fast.
    What kind of excuse is that?!
    What kind of excuse isthat?!
    A very good one if you ask me. My little brother actually sold his PSP about a month ago. *laughs*
  • So is this the first notable PSP release?
  • Those of you without PSP's should have no worries...in 9-12 months they'll just release it on the PS2 as well...
  • Those of you without PSP's should have no worries...in 9-12 months they'll just release it on the PS2 as well...
    And what about those people without PSP's and PS2's?
  • & PS2s? Only the DS is more popular than the PS2.
  • in 9-12 months they'll just release it on the PS2 as well...
    Nice!
  • edited January 2008
    Those of you without PSP's should have no worries...in 9-12 months they'll just release it on the PS2 as well...
    True enough, and in all honesty, this will be the only title I've played since Jeanne D'arc.

And come on. If you didn't get a PS2 five years ago, what are you waiting for?
    Post edited by MitchyD on
  • Hell to freeze over.

People need to stop acting like the PSP doesn't have anything going for it. I'm pretty sure I've got more games for my PSP than my DS. Jeanne D'Arc as Mitchy mentioned, and Final Fantasy Tactics. Silent Hill: Origins, which was decent-if-not-great. A better version of Puzzle Quest than the DS (though not as good as the Xbox, it's arguably better than the Wii). Every Extend Extra Xtreme and Lumines for the puzzle sect. Valkyrie Profile (the only way you're going to play that game for less than $60). Megaman Powered Up, which is amazing, and Megaman X: Maverick Hunter, which is pretty damn good. There's even Monster Hunter Freedom if you like boring and pretty terrible games (which clearly some people do, due to the amount it's sold). That's not even naming all the games I own, much less all the good ones out there.

And if you're shady, a very easy homebrew system.
  • And come on. If you didn't get a PS2 five years ago, what are you waiting for?
    Money! And when I had money, I was waiting for the PS3. Hoping it would be good and worth the price, and backward compatible.
  • Hell to freeze over.

People need to stop acting like the PSP doesn't have anything going for it. I'm pretty sure I've got more games for my PSP than my DS. Jeanne D'Arc as Mitchy mentioned, and Final Fantasy Tactics. Silent Hill: Origins, which was decent-if-not-great. A better version of Puzzle Quest than the DS (though not as good as the Xbox, it's arguably better than the Wii). Every Extend Extra Xtreme and Lumines for the puzzle sect. Valkyrie Profile (the only way you're going to play that game for less than $60). Megaman Powered Up, which is amazing, and Megaman X: Maverick Hunter, which is pretty damn good. There's even Monster Hunter Freedom if you like boring and pretty terrible games (which clearly some people do, due to the amount it's sold). That's not even naming all the games I own, much less all the good ones out there.

And if you're shady, a very easy homebrew system.
    The thing is out of all those games, the only ones I'm interested in are Patapon, Every Extend Extra, and maybe the Mega Man games. I think the PSP is a lot like the PS2. It has lots and lots of games, and some great ones, but they aren't games I want. Most of what the PS2 had to offer were JRPGs, which I stopped enjoying towards the end of last millennium.
  • The PSP has kind of been let down by most of it's games. Burnout (couldn't remember the subtitle) was fun on it. Needs more action games.
    Dave: Homebrew on the DS is also stupid easy. I was going to do a podcast on it but Ubuntu says no (microphone just gets stuck at 0:00).
  • The psp has picked itself up from it's failed start and has picked up a lot of steam and it's starting to get some awsome games.

They're making a smash-bros like Final Fantasy spin off exclusively for it, not to mention a god of war game.

Sony finally realizes the value it has.
  • I will now most definitely get a PSP, right after I get a 360.
  • This game is cool, but I am slowly losing patience with the song.
  • it's starting to get some an awsome games.
  • The psp has picked itself up from it's failed start and has picked up a lot of steam and it's starting to get some awsome games.
    I think it's fair to say that a lot of modern systems almost always start off that way.
  • Here in Austria I saw the game for 39 Euros (with the current currency rates, importing would be a lot cheaper).
  • My PSP is in pieces but luckily my girlfriend got it.

Pon Pon Pata Pon

Plus the PSP already had Lumines and Loco Roco. I prefer my DS of course, but why the hate?
  • I got a DS for 'a non denominational winter holiday' this last year, and as of now I only play it on Sundays or when I go to my friends house. I want a PSP to be able to play the new God of War, but that is the only game for it I care about right now. When/if the PSP gets more games I might consider investing in one. I like that you can play other media on the PSP, but it's now worth the cost to me yet.
  • I got a DS for 'a non denominational winter holiday' this last year, and as of now I only play it on Sundays or when I go to my friends house. I want a PSP to be able to play the new God of War, but that is the only game for it I care about right now. When/if the PSP gets more games I might consider investing in one. I like that you can play other media on the PSP, but it's now worth the cost to me yet.
  • edited March 2008
    To the PSP's credit, there has never before been a real second place to the Nintendo portable. It's "Oh, you have a PSP. Ok" as opposed to "Holy freaking crap! You have a Game Gear?!".
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • When/if the PSP gets more games I might consider investing in one. I like that you can play other media on the PSP, but it's now worth the cost to me yet.
    If you're a Final Fantasy fanboy they have that new Final Fantasy: Crisis Core game coming out next month. I heard from a Gamestop employee it will also come out with a special edition PSP with a picture of Cloud on it! Gasp! I searched online if what he said was true, but I haven't found any reliable online sources that verify this.
  • To the PSP's credit, there has never before been a real second place to the Nintendo portable.
    You forgot the blockquote surrounding that Omnutia. And the cite tag informing us who said it.

As for patapon. It looks fun and cute, but after listening to the PA podcast I think it's not that great after all. It seems to me that it's one of those games that look really fricking awesome, cool and cute, but only are fun for a few hours.
  • Patapon looks only mildly interesting; it doesn't look like something that would hold my attention for long (but then again very few PSP games do so that's besides the point). Lumines II, Wipeout Pulse and Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermilion are my only favorites and may stay that way for several months. Sadly, I'm more interested in using the PSP as a wifi iPod and my DS Lite for my Ring of Fates, Revenant Wings and Geometry Wars fixes except for the games mentioned above.