This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cool (realistic) things from movies that you'd like to own

edited January 2008 in Movies
For me, I've always wanted that keyboard with the orange keys from Tron...the one on Dillinger's desk. Now I know that keyboard was fake in the movie, but there's no doubt it could be replicated pretty easy today.

Comments

• I want the hilariously long revolver the Joker had.
  • edited January 2008
    A Pocket PC with more than an hour and a half of battery life.
    And/or any of the cell phones. Those things can get a signal ANYWHERE.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • You people aim too damn low. I want a rare artifact that gives godlike powers. You know, I'm talking about all those McGuffins that villains always try to use to rule the world. Damn those good guys always ruining it.
  • I'd like to be able to park directly in front of any building the way they always seem to be able to do in the movies. If I have to drive in town, I can never find a parking place anywhere close to the building I need.
    edited January 2008
    I'd like to be able to park directly in front of any building the way they always seem to be able to do in the movies. If I have to drive in town, I can never find a parking place anywhere close to the building I need.
    That's a power. Not a thing. And I'd probably settle for a bottle of eternal youth, i.e. the no more aging kind.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Well then that would be James Bonds eternal platinum club parking reservation.
  • Just once I'd like to see a movie where they couldn't park anywhere close to where they needed and then had to walk.
  • You people aim too damn low. I want a rare artifact that gives godlike powers. You know, I'm talking about all those McGuffins that villains always try to use to rule the world. Damn those good guys always ruining it.
    "Realistically" I'm likely to get my keyboard before you get your godlike powers...but if it so happens that you get your powers first can you use them to locate a Tron keyboard for me?
  • edited January 2008
    I want the credit card from that "Da Bomb" anime. (I can't remember the name of that terrible show.) I want that and the Batcopter from Batman: The Movie.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • The Hoverboard from Back To The Future.

Duh.
  • I'd have to say the super gun thing from "The Fifth Element", that gun was super cool. It had laser sights, select fire, a net launcher, and was super concealable.
  • I'd have to say the super gun thing from "The Fifth Element", that gun was super cool. It had laser sights, select fire, a net launcher, and was super concealable.
    Arrows with explosive or poison tips, flame thrower, repeat function sending all following shots to the same position, ice cube and... *think* Can be detonated by pushing the red button on the bottom. I might've missed something, though, concealable? THEY ARE HUGE!
  • edited January 2008
    A-ko's powers, B-ko's wealth and C-ko's cute flower barrette. A pet totoro, a moving castle, a lightsaber....
    The Hoverboard from Back To The Future.
    That too.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • The portal and gravity guns, the longshot and the pencil from penny crayon.
  • Master Sword, Gale Boomerang, the DeLorean from Back to the Future (Since we have moved somewhat far away from the realistic items), and most of the unrealistic items that were mentioned above.
  • Scarlett Johansson.
  • Death Star.
  • Greedy people wanting more than one thing.
  • The vault from the end of Indiana Jones "Raiders". I saw that in the theater and remember thinking about what else would be in there. That or Scrooge McDuck's vault.
  • The vault from the end of Indiana Jones "Raiders". I saw that in the theater and remember thinking about what else would be in there. That or Scrooge McDuck's vault.
    If that's fair, then I would have to fight you for it. I'd win. I'd also want the warehouse in Dreamcatcher. The movie was mostly crappy but the shots from inside the warehouse one character imagined as symbolizing his mind was way cool.
  • The Sword of Light from Slayers - The Motion Picture.

I COULD just go with a lightsaber, but those can't easily be combined with magic now, can they?
    Speaking of which I'm adding Rosario Dawson.
  • A clone of Jon Stewart to follow me around with wry political commentary and his Jewish wisdom.
  • edited January 2008
    I'd have to say the super gun thing from "The Fifth Element", that gun was super cool. It had laser sights, select fire, a net launcher, and was super concealable.
    Arrows with explosive or poison tips, flame thrower, repeat function sending all following shots to the same position, ice cube and... *think* Can be detonated by pushing the red button on the bottom. I might've missed something, though, concealable? THEY ARE HUGE!
    yep, that about sums it up. And with that much fire power, who cars how big it is. and by concealable I mean no normal means of detection can find them. I don't mean concealable like a pistol.
    Post edited by Sir_Xander on
  • edited January 2008
    Greedy people wanting more than one thing.
    It does say things in the title so really it's people just posting one thing who are doing it wrong.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    It does say things in the title so really it's people just posting one thing who are doing it wrong.
    . . .

Damnit. In that case, add the Back to the Future train, all Batmobiles, those fancy personal handheld computer things in series like Star Trek, and the Heart of Gold, with its Infinite Improbability Drive.
  • I want command of an Imperial class Star Destroyer with a full crew and TIE squadron compliment. Don't forget the badass Imperial officer uniform.
  • The D-Gun from Total Annihilation.
  • I've always wanted the self-minded wristwatch from Stranger than Fiction