This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How do I make a business card?

edited January 2008 in Technology
Okay, so the programs I have are:
WordPerfect Office 2000
Presto! BizCard 3.0
and a trial version of Microsoft Office 2007.

According to the program itself, WP Office 2000 has templates on their site - however, they revamped it because they want people to buy their new shit, not make their old shit work. The Presto! BizCard, I think, would be alright if it would -print-. I tried everything, and it refuses. Other things print, though... The trial version of MS Office 2007 is far too incomplete to have anything even mildly resembling gawddamned business card templates.

I could install Microsoft Office 97 if they have the feature I need...

Basically, I'm getting maybe twenty bucks - if I'm lucky - out of this job. It's just for my brother, after all. I don't want to buy any new programs: I love my older programs, and they're essentially free, having been bought several years ago by my mother. Plus, they're too expensive for me...

So is there a way to make this stupid thing work?

Comments

• Well, I haven't ever used Presto BizCard, and I'm not sure about WordPerfect, but it's probably just as easy to go in and make a Word document formatted to the size you need. IMO, a template isn't really a required thing for the business card-ness.

Just go into whichever word processor you want and format the margins to the size of the business card, then throw in a few lines describing you and your address and personal info.

Also, if I may, why do you need a business card for a twenty dollar job?
  • edited January 2008
    Word is utter shit compared to Word Perfect. You're cool for having it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • OpenOffice is free.
  • Also, if I may, why do you need a business card for a twenty dollar job?
    My brother is opening a business. I'm designing his card. However, he's poor as all get out, so I won't get much.
    You're cool for having it.
    At least I'm cool for something.
    OpenOffice is free.
    Thank you. ^_^ I found.. Office Presentations 2007 or something stupid. I did it really fast, and I'm done with. Just have another gawddamned trial on my compy...