This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Jack Thompson...defending...games...?

Comments

• I saw that other day and wasn't sure what to make of it.
  • The temperature in Hell today reads absolute zero.
    And Steve Jobs is wearing a pink short sleeved shirt.
  • edited January 2008
    All I can assume is that he's trying to get his license back. By giving an opinion that shows he's not out of his mind (whether the opinion is actually his or not), he's putting himself in a new light. A light which *should* make him seem far less crazy and evil. Less crazy and evil enough to... retrieve his license to practice law, perhaps? Granted, it is still possible that he has "seen the error of his ways," or something like that.

Only time will tell, I suppose.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • All this means is he's an intelligent person (as any intelligent person could see how stupid Fox's report was) and that he actually believes video games are evil. This is the most dangerous kind of crusader.
  • All this means is he's an intelligent person (as any intelligent person could see how stupid Fox's report was) and that he actually believes video games are evil. This is the most dangerous kind of crusader.
    Well, not nessecarily. It does prove that he's intelligent, but it doesn't prove that he's really fighting for video games. It could just be an act for another purpose.
    I'm going to remain leery, for the time being.
  • It does prove that he's intelligent, but it doesn'tprovethat he's really fighting for video games.
    What? I didn't say it did, wtf?
  • I think my head is going to explode. I cannot wrap my head around this concept of Jack Thompson defending a video game!
  • It does prove that he's intelligent, but it doesn'tprovethat he's really fighting for video games.
    What? I didn't say it did, wtf?
    Okay, poor wording on my part - sorry.

What I meant to say was that you claimed that he "actually believes that video games are evil," but it's just as likely that he's lying for his own purposes.
  • Ahhhh, I see, maybe, personally I don't really care that much. I'm not into games like I used to be, and the only way I'll get back in is if the entire anime industry (not just america, japan too) collapses on itself.
  • I think my head is going to explode. I cannot wrap my head around this concept of Jack Thompson defending a video game!
    Me too. I truly believe he's not 'defending' it in the way we mean. I think he's just telling the reporter how stupid he was. He may hate video games and all, but if he wants to ban them he'd better take away my first and second amendment rights (which I know he can't do). =)
  • edited February 2008
    Oh this is just one of your given Comic thing where "GEE AY ES PEE! The Arch Nemisis and the Hero are teaming up to deal with a greater evil oh my gods!!!" and sure as the sky is up and the ground is down, it'll go back to status quo untill Thompson's licence the comic gets canceled.
    Post edited by Conan-San on