This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

dudes, Get an Xbox 360

edited February 2008 in Video Games
Regarding your remarks on the 2/5/2008 show about the Xbox 360, I think ya'll should get one. I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy and bought a Wii last year. I played it all year (VC and games) and still wasn't satisfied. I got a bonus at work and decided is was time to spring for the Elite version.

Also, you don't "need" HD. I've been playing Mass Effect, Orange Box, and Call of Duty 4 and it's just fine. So long as you can get 480p (using the component cables of course) the game experience is just fine.

Comments

• I think ya'll should get one.
    You forget that time is the only factor. I have enough entertainment for every free moment of every day if I desire it. Buying more entertainment won't get me anything...

• Also, you don't "need" HD. I've been playing Mass Effect, Orange Box, and Call of Duty 4 and it's just fine. So long as you can get 480p (using the component cables of course) the game experience is just fine.
    We don't have 480p either. Just plain old 480.

Also, I agree the 360 has lots of fun games, especially on Live. However, the problem is that we just don't have time. When I was a kid I had plenty of free time and no money. It would be impossible for me to get more video games than I could play. Now, I've got more video games than I have time to play. Any time I feel the desire to play a video game, there is a game available. Why would I buy more games, when my need for games is fulfilled?

The second that I want to play a video game, but don't have one available, I will buy a 360.
  • You forget that time is the only factor. I have enough entertainment for every free moment of every day if I desire it. Buying more entertainment won't get me anything...
    Maybe my wife is right, I do play too much :-)
  • I'm buying a 360 soon. I just bought a new HDTV! x3
  • HDTV! x3
    Because you have 3 PS3s?
  • HDTV! x3
    Because you have3 PS3s?
    HDTV! x3
    Because you have3 PS3s?
    Only three PS3's chap?

Also, just sawthis, blows both previous vids out of the water. In only 2 minutes.
    I'm a PROUD OWNER of a PS2... ONLY. ^_^
  • Oh yeah, I have a Wii too. Go Mario Galaxy!
  • Agreeing with OP here. The 360 has some good stuff that doesn't start with H and rhyme with...Alo 3.

And yes, Xbox Live is good stuff.

XBL Arcade is a freaking gold mine. Rez, Street Fighter, Lumines, Castlevania SotN, Uno, Marble Blast Ultra, so much fun times.
  • I am going to have to upgrade to the xbox 360 soon so my girlfriend can play Mass Effect, or face a very un-civil war at home. I was wondering, is the elite version with the better HD worth the price versus the 20 gb version?

I tend to think not, but maybe I would be downloading a bunch of xbla games. I already have a HTPC so I wouldn't need it for storing or steaming media.
  • I was wondering, is the elite version with the better HDD worth the price versus the 20 gb version?
    The only reason I would suggest the Elite is if you want to download a couple Xbox Original games. These take up about 4GB, so if you want a couple, you'll be screwed on HDD space. XBLA games don't take up much space, so if that's all you're planning on downloading you'll be fine with the smaller hard drive.
  • There is really no reason for Rym or Scott to get an Xbox 360 when the majority of the AAA titles are also available on the PC, and the PC is their "console" of choice.

Think about the best games on 360: Bioshock, COD4, Gears of War, Elder Scrolls 4, Orange Box, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon...all are PC games as well. Games like Mass Effect and Dead Rising will probably eventually be PC games as well.

Those of us who prefer consoles over PC don't realize how many games are available on both platforms.
  • There is really no reason for Rym or Scott to get an Xbox 360 when the majority of the AAA titles are also available on the PC, and the PC is their "console" of choice.
    XBL and XBLA are the only reasons. I have no desire to play most of those games on any system.
    XBL and XBLA are the only reasons. I have no desire to play most of those games on any system.
    I don't think XBLA has many exclusive titles either.
  • I don't think XBLA has many exclusive titles either.
    Carcassonne is enough.
  • Carcassonne is enough.
    Rez looks good as well. My roommates really seem to like it.
  • Don't forget the updated Bionic Commando.
  • Carcassonne is enough.
    Rez looks good as well. My roommates really seem to like it.
    Yes.
    Don't forget the updated Bionic Commando.
    Yes.