This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

You know? vs Suffice to say

edited February 2008 in Everything Else
I'm partial to Rym's 'Suffice to say' myself. Scott's 'You know' albeit amusing can be quite distracting, especially when he gets excited about the subject he is going on about. So what all responses or phrases do you find yourself saying a lot? I say the word cool quite a bit. I also have gotten into the habit in saying the word man. Like "Hey man" "What's up man." even to women I catch myself saying this.

Comments

• As we are on the subject of Scrym's mannerisms. Seriously guys, only use the word Albion if you know the specific difference between England, Ireland (and therein Northern Ireland), Scotland, Whales, Great Britain, The UK, The UK and Ireland and Albion and can use them appropriately.
  • I hate it when people say "y'know."
  • Y'know, it's not too bad.
  • edited February 2008
    As we are on the subject of Scrym's mannerisms. Seriously guys, only use the word Albion if you know the specific difference between England, Ireland (and therein Northern Ireland), Scotland, Whales, Great Britain, The UK, The UK and Ireland and Albion and can use them appropriately.
    That really bugs you Albionese guys, doesn't it?

What if he's talking about Al+++ ions?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited February 2008
    As we are on the subject of Scrym's mannerisms. Seriously guys, only use the word Albion if you know the specific difference between England, Ireland (and therein Northern Ireland), Scotland, Whales, Great Britain, The UK, The UK and Ireland and Albion and can use them appropriately.
    That really bugs you Albanian guys, doesn't it?
    Yes you European migrants.
    On a more serious note. If you could put just a little effort into it, I would be much obliged.

In other news, wait until you hear someone who puts "know what I mean?" at the end of ever sentence. Naught to insanity in six seconds.
    Afterthought: You may notice how Jason and I shift into our opposing stereotypes in just a few sentences. (Incorrect pluralization and posh speech respectively.)
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I tend to say, "Oh dear god..." a lot.
  • the specific difference between England, Ireland (and therein Northern Ireland), Scotland, Whales, Great Britain, The UK, The UK and Ireland and Albion
    Animals.
  • edited February 2008
    I really like "Suffice to say". I actually started saying "Oh mans" sometimes from listening to GN. Sigh.....

I say "but yeah" when continuing a conversation. I also say "Lulz" "Fapworthy" or "Epic win"
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I say "You know" when I'm trying to think of what I want to say mid-sentence.
  • I say "oh mans" and "oh noes," along with any variation of Win, Yes, or Awesome.
  • Most of my sentences begin with the phrase "So I saw this video on YouTube...." and I am starting to acknowledge an agreement with the phrase "Dealio-Shmealio".
  • I really like "Suffice to say". I actually started saying "Oh mans" sometimes from listening to GN. Sigh.....

I say "but yeah" when continuing a conversation. I also say "Lulz" "Fapworthy" or "Epic win"
    My friend Matt and I use memes in conversation at school. No one understands it, so it's like a secret language.
  • I really like "Suffice to say". I actually started saying "Oh mans" sometimes from listening to GN. Sigh.....

My friend Matt and I use memes in conversation at school. No one understands it, so it's like a secret language.
    I did a presentation about the American Revolution almost all in lolcats-like speaking. It was amazing, and I got an A on it. :D
  • I did a presentation about the American Revolution almost all in lolcats-like speaking. It was amazing, and I got an A on it. :D
    What? How?
  • I did a presentation about the American Revolution almost all in lolcats-like speaking. It was amazing, and I got an A on it. :D
    What? How?
    The teacher was sick, so he thought he understood it. And I came up with the brilliant idea with my other internet-savvy partner, so it's not all my doing. I wish I had recorded it...
  • I've actually caught myself saying "oh mans" and even "by the by" recently. I also seem to use some geek-speak in my normal conversation, but I refrain from regional colloquialisms (hella, wicked, sick, etc). I do say "dude" quite a bit, when I'm excited about something. I say it to both men and women.
    Wow! Epic lulz and win.
  • I've actually caught myself saying "oh mans" and even "by the by" recently. I also seem to use some geek-speak in my normal conversation, but I refrain from regional colloquialisms (hella, wicked, sick, etc). I do say "dude" quite a bit, when I'm excited about something. I say it to both men and women.
    Do you say "boss" or "rad"? I think I'm the only person who still says "boss." D:
  • As we are on the subject of Scrym's mannerisms. Seriously guys, only use the word Albion if you know the specific difference between England, Ireland (and therein Northern Ireland), Scotland, Whales, Great Britain, The UK, The UK and Ireland and Albion and can use them appropriately.
    You're taking a joke entirely too seriously

I've picked up using "quite" quite a lot because of all the Top Gear I watch.
  • I hate it when people say "y'know."
    I get the feeling we're gonna get along juuuuuust fine, y'know?
  • edited February 2008
    Seconded.

As for which of the two mannerisms I prefer, I prefer Scott's "y'know," only because my mind is better able to tune it out when listening to him talk. A lot of the time when Rym calls Scott on it, I realize that I haven't actually noticed him saying it all that much. Rym's "suffice to say," on the other hand, seems much more noticeable since he often stresses it when he says it. Thus, it bugs me more since I notice it more often. If I noticed both equally, I'd probably be annoyed with the two phrases about equally (which is not very much, when all is said and done).
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • My biggest peeve is "hella".
  • Jaja.

Er..I mean "haha." I was thinking in Spanish for a second. And no, I don't say "boss" or "rad." I do say "¡che!" a lot when speaking Spanish, even though I'm Uruguayo.
  • Like "Hey man" "What's up man." even to women I catch myself saying this.
    DOH! I love Hella! It is HELLA cool to say hella!
  • edited February 2008
    Seconded.
    This is a matter of national pride. Serious buisness.

I have been using "epic" a lot recently.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    *Sings* "I'm feeling hella good so I'll just keep on dancing!"
    *Sings* "I'm feeling hella good so I'll just keep on dancing!"
    Umm, I never said that.