This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So I've just seen Iron Maiden, RATM, Bjork and Daft Punk. What is your favourite gig?

edited February 2008 in Everything Else
Well having seen Iron Maiden, Rage Against the Machine, Bjork, Arcade Fire and Daft Punk in the last 6 weeks, it got me thinking about the best concerts that I had been to over the years.

For me its a four way tie between:

Flaming Lips @ Royal Albert Hall in London: These bizarre indie rockers have one of the best live shows around and seeing it in one of the best venues in the world was fantastic.

Tool @ Hammersmith Apollo in London: Tool for me are the best sounding live band around. The things that they manage to do with their music live is astonishing.

Daft Punk @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne: Who would have thought that two French guys dressed as robots standing virtually motionless for 2 hours could be entertaining. Easily the best visuals and live show that I have ever seen.

Bjork @ Big Day Out in Melbourne: Stunning voice, great set and visuals, she easily outshone RATM who played on after her (and that is saying a lot considering how much of a massive RATM fan I am).

So how about everyone else? What has been the best live gig that you have ever been to? How about any massive disappointments?

Comments

• I haven't been to too many concerts. The best concerts I've been to were RHCP and The Who, but the one that beat them all was the Rolling Stones concert in Stuttgart.
  • Gosh, I wish I could've seen the Alive 2007 tour.
  • If I don't count the classical music concerts, I haven't been to many gigs, either. The best one was probably the Munich concert of Blind Guardian's Twist in the Myth tour.