This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Easy and fast GRUB editing..

edited February 2008 in Everything Else
After installing the latest update from MS, my system automatically restarted, as it is set to do. Unfortunately, When GRUB came up, it just shit out error code 25. So, using my 7.10 cd, I installed Ubuntu to a partition I keep on one of my drives as nothing more than a test partition, therefore reinstalling GRUB. However, GRUB then pointed to this throwaway install, so I wanted to find a quick and easy way to edit GRUB. I've tried fiddling with it in the past, but always had difficulties. This time I did a little more research and found the program "QGRUBEditor."

It is definitely worth a try. I used it to clean up my boot list down to only 3 entries (WinXP(default), 7.10, and 7.10 memtest(for some reason)). I lets you edit pretty much everything about GRUB, and it makes it easy.

Comments

• I just "sudo nano /boot/grub/menu.lst". You need to know a bit more about what you are doing, but that is useful knowledge anyway.