This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Why you shouldn't vote for Obama

Comments

Why we need Obama.
    Why we need Obama.
    These things are not alike

• Read the article and then you'll see the purposely flawed link I am making.
    Coincidence? I think not.
    Why we need Obama.
  • Why you shouldn't vote for Obama
    Say no to Space Comets, vote McCain. :P
  • Why you shouldn't vote for Obama
    Say no to Space Comets, vote McCain. :P

Hehe, I might enjoy politics with that slogan
  • “We now face an opportunity — and an obligation — to turn the page on the failed politics of yesterday's health care debates… My plan begins by covering every American. If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is the amount of money you will spend on premiums. That will be less. If you are one of the 45 million Americans who don't have health insurance, you will have it after this plan becomes law. No one will be turned away because of a preexisting condition or illness.”

— Barack Obama, Speech in Iowa City, IA, May 29, 2007

Please, someone tell me when health care became a right? I seem to remember life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I guess I must have missed the heath care part. This issue is something that I think could be the final nail in our nation's financial coffin.
  • This issue is something that I think could be the final nail in our nation's financial coffin.
    You're probably right. I mean, my country (Australia) has universal health care, is only the world's 53rd largest country, and yet has the 15th highest GDP in the world. Yeah, the US is probably boned.
  • edited February 2008
    “We now face an opportunity — and an obligation — to turn the page on the failed politics of yesterday's health care debates… My plan begins by covering every American. If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is the amount of money you will spend on premiums. That will be less. If you are one of the 45 million Americans who don't have health insurance, you will have it after this plan becomes law. No one will be turned away because of a preexisting condition or illness.”

— Barack Obama, Speech in Iowa City, IA, May 29, 2007

Please, someone tell me when health care became a right? I seem to remember life, liberty and thepursuitof happiness. I guess I must have missed the heath care part. This issue is something that I think could be the final nail in our nation's financial coffin.
    I think you focus to much on the pursuit of happiness part rather than on the life part, which would be covered by health care which will help to extend your life.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I think you focus to much on the pursuit of happiness part rather than on the life part, which would be covered by health care which will help to extend your life.
    I agree that healthcare is important. I think that it is not benefiting from our governmental intervention. Increasing the involvement would only worsen the situation. If we were taxed less it would give us more of our own money to make our own health care decisions.
  • edited February 2008
    What scares me about Obama's health care ideas is that he wants to mandate a minimum health care coverage level on insurance companies. This restricts choice for the consumer. If something is built into all policies by government mandate and it is coverage I do not need or want why should I be forced to buy it?

For example: If I am a single man why do I want a policy that covers child birth?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • I haven't been paying much attention to the electoral candidates (but then again, I never do). However, a friend of mine made this excellent image after hearing about Obama's nickname at the recent electoral caucus. Since it's large, I'll just link to it...

Yeah, that's really all I have to add to this topic. But I'm sure some people will be able to appreciate my friend's genius.

• Please, someone tell me when health care became a right? I seem to remember life, liberty and thepursuitof happiness. I guess I must have missed the heath care part. This issue is something that I think could be the final nail in our nation's financial coffin.
    Maybe if our country tried a bit more to focus people on prevention instead of getting fat and THEN treating them. We wouldn't have this problem to begin wth.
  • The thing about the health care plans is that chances are, Obama wouldn't be able to get it through Congress even if he was elected.
  • Maybe if our country tried a bit more to focus people on prevention instead of getting fat and THEN treating them. We wouldn't have this problem to begin wth.
    Quoted for truth.
  • I haven't been paying much attention to the electoral candidates (but then again, I never do).
    I am glaring at you.
  • If I am a single man why do I want a policy that covers child birth?
    Because having that policy subsidizes others who need it. I don't need public schools, but I pay for them. I don't need roads in Arkansas, but I pay for them.

By sharing the costs of important things, we as a society can have more good things overall.
  • The thing about the health care plans is that chances are, Obama wouldn't be able to get it through Congress even if he was elected.
    Why? It's not something that's ridiculously crazy, and there's a very good chance that Democrats will control both houses.
  • Actually, unless I'm stupid and don't actually understand what I'm reading, Obama's health care plan does not require you to purchase a coverage plan. His stated goal is just to make it affordable for every American, so everyone has a chance to be insured if you want to. The only time you are forced to provide health care is for your children (if you have children, that is).
    Why we need Obama.
    I <3 Dunkin Donuts. We have about 3 locations in Vegas :3
  • I haven't been paying much attention to the electoral candidates (but then again, I never do). However, a friend of mine madethis excellent imageafter hearing about Obama's nickname at the recent electoral caucus. Since it's large, I'll just link to it...

Yeah, that's really all I have to add to this topic. But I'm sure some people will be able to appreciate my friend's genius.
    I would vote for a giant robot anyday.
  • All hail the Big O(bama)!

Depending on how the Congressional elections go it is entirely possible that a major health care reform bill could get through both houses, then again I'd rather have the Star Wars project finally wiped from existence instead.
  • I <3 Dunkin Donuts. We have about 3 locations in Vegas :3</p>
    God, I can't stand Dunkin "Donuts" (or Krispy Kreme or any of the other McDonut places that have sprung up). -_- If you've ever had a real doughnut, you'll never look back.
  • Honeydew Donuts for the win.
    Dunkin coffee is warm, brown water, and their donuts are a crime against taste.
  • God, I can't stand Dunkin "Donuts" (or Krispy Kreme or any of the other McDonut places that have sprung up). -_- If you've ever had a real doughnut, you'll never look back.
    Yea Dunkin "Donuts" are ok, but they don't even compare to common donuts you can get a supermarket.
  • edited March 2008
    I <3 Dunkin Donuts. We have about 3 locations in Vegas :3</p>
    God, I can't stand Dunkin "Donuts" (or Krispy Kreme or any of the other McDonut places that have sprung up). -_- If you've ever had a real doughnut, you'll never look back.
    I'm the rare doughnut eater, so I'm not picky when it comes to eating them.

Rym loves McDonalds breakfast though. :3
    Post edited by DJ_Katsuhiko_Jinnai on