This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Obama's Distaff Support

2»

Comments

• Obama wins Mississippi! How Obama-nable. We're on our way to becoming an Obama Nation.
  • Obama wins Mississippi! How Obama-nable. We're on our way to becoming an Obama Nation.
    YES!
    Do you think he'll have the momentum for Pennsylvania. I was watching CNN, and they say Clinton is favored there.
  • Momentum is a iffy thing in politics. One could say demographics is much more important. In this way, Ohio and Pennsylvania have a lot in common. However with both campaigns having 6 weeks to make there case to the people in PA, anything can happen. I'm leaning towards a 5 point loss for Obama, which would probably make the delegate spread very minimum and he will probably win back his losses in North Carolina shortly after. I believe this because the groups that have been helping Obama in the past, mainly independents are not allowed to vote for a democrat in the primaries because of it's closed nature. (meaning you have to be a democrat to vote, they can change their party up until March 22th.) I have hope that there will be a bunch of people like me who change party just to vote in the election but I can't be sure.
  • I believe this because the groups that have been helping Obama in the past, mainly independents are not allowed to vote for a democrat in the primaries because of it's closed nature. (meaning you have to be a democrat to vote, they can change their party up until March 22th.)
    I discovered there is a huge loophole for this in Ohio. You do not have to be registered in a party to vote in that party's primary. I'm registered as a Republican, but I still voted for the Democratic races.

Here's how it works: You walk into the polling station and regardless of your party affiliation you simply declare in which primary you wish to vote. That is the only primary in which you are allowed to vote. This had some interesting results; in my county, there are about 50,000 registered Democrats and approximately 65,000 votes were cast for Democratic candidates.

Think about that. That's a tremendous number.
  • Ohio, where Republicans handed a win to Hillary.

I don't know what kind of people you hang out with but gender is far from imaginary.
    Prove it.
    a. The condition of being female or male; sex.
    b. Females or males considered as a group:

source. I think you are confusing Gender with Gender Roles.
  • edited March 2008
    That's your proof that gender is not imaginary? A dictionary definition? Well, then here's my proof that Unicorns exist.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • That's your proof that gender is not imaginary? A dictionary definition?
    Do I have to post a picture of a penis and a vagina as proof?
  • edited March 2008
    Read what she says:
    Race and Gender (Femininity/Masculinity) are both largely imaginary. As Fred says, race is more imaginary than gender, but both are small physical differences that people use as lame excuses to pick on each other.
    She's not talking about physical characteristics being imaginary, so a picture of physical characteristics is not going to serve as proof for your contention that gender differences are not imaginary.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • That's not gender, those are gender roles.

Gender is male/female. Femininity/Masculinity are Gender Roles.
  • That's not gender, those are gender roles.
    Your own definition says "[t]he condition of being female or male", you idiot.