This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Manga that deserves an OAV or series

GeoGeo
edited March 2008 in Anime
Which manga do you think deserves to be a series, OAV, or a movie?

Personally I think Apollo's Song really deserves to be a movie or to a much lesser extent an OAV because that manga is teh fucking business and it truly does deserve a screen adaption. However since Tezuka is dead, I highly doubt it will ever be made because he is integral to making it work.

Comments

• Jojo's Bizzarre Adventure deserves a full series not just an OAV. I also think that they should remake the second season of Full Metal Alchemist when the manga finishes and make it closer to the original work.
  • Manga aside, I'd love to see Final Fantasies IV and VI animated.
  • Hmm, there are a lot of novels I want to see animated, but for manga let me think. I would really like to see Ppoi animated. It's such a cute series, and the level of detail that the mangaka goes into with the characters is rather remarkable. (There was one whole chapter on the best friend of the older brother of a supporting character.) Hanakimi already has a drama, so so much for that, I'd like more anime based on college age Josei. I'd love seeing Yotsuba as an anime. (But the comic is enough! It's so perfect...)

But seriously. Phoenix Wright - Gyakuten Saiban. OMG. Edgeworth Tsundere. Animated. Yes.
    I'd love to see Final Fantasies IV and VI animated.
    I second that~!
  • I'd love to see Final Fantasies IV and VI animated.
    I second that~!
    I'd say FF 9. Then again I haven't played 4 or 6. :P I also say Legend of Legaia!

But this is about manga gone anime or OVA. I think X-Day would be a great OVA. It's a short manga series that centers around 3 HS students and a teacher who want to bomb the school. I could see MW be a great series or a series of movies. I think it's better suited for live action though IMO. I say the same for Samurai Executioner. I, Otaku in anime would be awesome for the Otaku no video/Genshiken fans.

The next two things aren't really manga but I think could be great animated is Dramacon and Re:Play.
  • edited March 2008
    MPD Psycho should be a TV series or OAV.
    Never mind. Takashi Miike made a 6 episode TV series.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • But seriously. Phoenix Wright - Gyakuten Saiban
    They are releasing the manga this month, so it's a step in the right direction.
  • edited March 2008
    Gyakusai manga's been out for a while, hasn't it? You mean in English? (o.0) Scott, you must buy!

Yeah Viga, I liked X-Day too. I especially liked the short story about the cow-boy. (Like cat-boy, but for eating) It was really weird but sad.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited March 2008
    Gyakusai manga's been out for a while, hasn't it? You mean in English? (o.0) Scott, you must buy!
    Yes, it will be in English soon. I know all about it.

Edit: Coming from Del Rey in September
  • Both Rym and Scott have posted and neither mentioned Sanctuary. Shame on you sirs.
  • Both Rym and Scott have posted and neither mentioned Sanctuary. Shame on you sirs.
    There's already an anime.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2008
    Manga aside, I'd love to see Final Fantasies IV and VI animated.
    That would be fuckin' awesome and I would buy everything that would have to do with those OAVs.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2008
    Hmm, there are a lot of novels I want to see animated, but for manga let me think. I would really like to see Ppoi animated. It's such a cute series, and the level of detail that the mangaka goes into with the characters is rather remarkable. (There was one whole chapter on the best friend of the older brother of a supporting character.) Hanakimi already has a drama, so so much for that, I'd like more anime based on college age Josei. I'd love seeing Yotsuba as an anime. (But the comic is enough! It's so perfect...)

But seriously. Phoenix Wright - Gyakuten Saiban. OMG. Edgeworth Tsundere. Animated. Yes.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Hmm, there are a lot of novels I want to see animated, but for manga let me think. I would really like to see Ppoi animated. It's such a cute series, and the level of detail that the mangaka goes into with the characters is rather remarkable. (There was one whole chapter on the best friend of the older brother of a supporting character.) Hanakimi already has a drama, so so much for that, I'd like more anime based on college age Josei. I'd love seeing Yotsuba as an anime. (But the comic is enough! It's so perfect...)

I'd love to see Final Fantasies IV and VI animated.
    I second that~!
    So long as they don't get a really crummy seiyu to play him, but that probably won't happen should they adapt said series into an anime
  • edited March 2008
    Coming from Del Rey in September
    Damn, they pushed it back.
  • I think Beck! should get a second part, that anime was only half decent, plus it does not cover even half of the manga story line.
  • First President of Japan. Fuckin' Red Card taking out the trash.
  • High School of the Dead, granted it is only 12 or so chapters long but when it gets closer to the end a full series or OVA is a definite possibility.

Mirai Nikki, another not yet completed series that should get an OVA at the very least.
  • edited March 2008
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Mainly because it is my current manga obsession: Iron Wok Jan.
  • Well, there was a "movie" made that was essentially the first and third manga, but I wold LOVE to see a Battle Angel Alita full series! (Gunnum for those nihongophiles that remember the original).

The manga is my all time favorite, and I'm loving the second series (waiting with baited breath for the next to come out) and would love to see it all moving!

:: tears up just thinking about it ::

Fox
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2008
    I just thought of one that could possibly work. Any one of the Mother video games. Personally, I think Mother 2 would be the best one to do, although Mother 3 would be really awesome too :). And before anyone asks, yes I have played Mother 3 and beaten about 3/4 of the game, and I got through it by obviously using a translation guide. I'm still waiting for Starmen.net to complete that IPS patch that they are working on, at which point I will play the game again in the way it is meant for Americans to play.
    Post edited by Geo on