This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Aviary

edited March 2008 in Technology
Check it out: Link

I have 5 invitations to their private beta, so if anyone is interested just say so.

BTW: Up until now you can only use the tool called "Phoenix", which is an image editor ala Photoshop.

Comments

• Aviary is a suite of web-based applications (RIAs) for people who create. From image editing to typography to music to 3D to video, we have a tool for artists of all genres.
    Wow, they're going to Jupiter or something?
  • Send an invite to geeknights@frontrowcrew.com. I'm interested in their audio and video editors. My expectations are low, and I want to see how well my expectations match reality.
  • I will take an invitation, if you don't mind. horaciogzz [at] gmail.
  • I'd love to try out the audio, video and image editing tools. Send an e-mail my way! :) tenchikaze@gmail.com
  • edited March 2008
    Audio, video and image editing!? Sign me up please! vigatheotagal@gmail.com
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Ok, it looks like only the Phoenix tool is currently available. I'm willing to bet that we will never see the entire list.

Also, I used Phoenix a bit, and while it is ok, there was lag while simply drawing with the default brush. The lag was severe enough to make it worse than Microsoft Paint. This was on my badass PC at work.

Low expectations were accurate.
  • Now all my invites are gone. You all got one (Apreche, Double Z, Tenchi Kaze and Viga). I hope you all realized that you can ONLY USE THE IMAGE EDITING TOOL, as I had said above. I got an email saying:
    Your account has been granted access to Phoenix, our web-based image editor and 5 invitations. If you create something cool or help us find bugs, we'll also grant you access to additional tools when they become available.
    Hope you have fun anyways, and I guess you can just invite people from the forum now to.

• Also, I used Phoenix a bit, and while it is ok, there was lag while simply drawing with the default brush.
    I had zero lag.
  • edited March 2008
    Also, I used Phoenix a bit, and while it is ok, there was lag while simply drawing with the default brush.
    Linux + Flash?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2008
    Got any more?

Anyone?

I'm interested in one.

My email is cielmort@gmail.com
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • edited March 2008
    Got any more?

Anyone?

I'm interested in one.
    Sure I got 5, email?

Edit: Never mind. One is on the way.
    Post edited by Double Z on
  • Um... If there's one left I'd like it too. Epicus5800@aol.com
  • Also, I used Phoenix a bit, and while it is ok, there was lag while simply drawing with the default brush.
    Linux + Flash?
    I to use Linux (Ubuntu with FireFox).