This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NAVA - An East coast Video Game Party

edited March 2008 in Video Games
Hello all, I am fairly new here so if this was brought up in the past I would like to say sorry in advance, if not then keep on reading. NAVA is the North Atlantic Video game Aficionados and it is comprised of people who love video games. Every month, all the NAVA members meet up at a retro game stored called Digital Press (www.digitpress.com) and play old video games while eating, trading, talking shop, and hanging out.

The store is located in Clifton NJ (about 20 minutes outside of NYC and 2 hours outside of Philadelphia) and caters to all who love video games from the modern consoles to the original Odyssey system. The collection is massive and no matter how obscure the game is, it eventually turns up here. I could go on explaining the tournaments and prizes and the beer drinking, but instead I will post a link to a video that should sum up the experience well enough for you.

If you are interested I will be attending the next meeting on March 29th (last Saturday of the month) and will be trading and selling a whole bunch of computer and video game items. Hope to see some of you there!

Comments

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviapnGTuio
    Makes
  • My grandma used to live in Clifton, NJ. I know exactly where that is. It's a surprisingly geeky town.
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks for the tip, never would have guessed.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I'd like to check out this store sometime, but I am unfortunately about an hour and a half away from it.
  • I'd like to check out this store sometime, but I am unfortunately about an hour and a half away from it.
    I am about 2 hours away from it and forced myself to get up there to check it out during a meeting and been hooked on traveling their since. If you are along the way I do not mind picking people up.
  • A little update on the NAVA event. A website that I often frequent, retrowaretv.com, is going to be selling their DVD at the meeting for $14.99, and you can meet both co-hosts of the show.
  • Lifting an old thread? Well this time it is for a good reason, next month's NAVA (June 28th) will be a special NAVA where you can meet all the members of PBC productions! Yes you can get the autographs and meet and greet Q and A session with everyone favorite Capt. N parody!

Oh and James Rolfe aka the AVGN will be there as well doing the same thing. Anyone want to join me?