This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

There Will Be Blood

edited March 2008 in Movies
Everyone needs to see this film immediately, if only for the last fifteen minutes. It's about, as I'm sure most of you know, an atheist oil man and his son who start drilling in a strict Christian community. It's a period piece set in the early 1900's, and it's full of tragedy, great music, and, of course, milkshakes.

Comments

• I've heard that it is very good, do you know when the DVD comes out? I would really like to see it.
  • I've heard that it is very good, do you know when the DVD comes out? I would really like to see it.
    According to Wikipedia, April 8th.
  • Hmm, right after Sweeney Todd. That is going to be an interesting two weeks.
  • Have you seen No Country for Old Men? If you liked it, you're bound to enjoy There Will Be Blood. They have the same western aesthetic, although No Country is significantly darker and less realistic.
  • I love this movie.

My god, it was so awesome.
  • I heard of this and wanted to see it.
  • edited March 2008
    I haven't seen either of them (No Country for Old Men or There Will Be Blood) but I really want to.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • They're both awesome, see them both as soon as you can.
  • No Country for Old Men, the book, is great as well.
    Ugh, the book just pisses me off. McCarthy needs to learn how to punctuate.
    Most of the time I understood what he meant. I really like how he reveals things though. How he mentions things in passing, then later explains them, like he did with the cattle gun.
    I could say the same thing for Frank McCourt (Angela's Ashes). He can write great books, though.