This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sega Superstars Tennis

edited March 2008 in Video Games
This game caught my interest. What are your thoughts? Anyone else thinking of pre-ordering it?

Comments

• Huh. So it's Mario Tennis with Sega characters, basically.
  • It appears so.
  • Who knows if this game will be good or bad, but SEGA should stick to Virtua Tennis. It has been pretty much the #1 realistic tennis game for a long time.
  • Who knows if this game will be good or bad, but SEGA should stick to Virtua Tennis. It has been pretty much the #1 realistic tennis game for a long time.
    Well its not really realistic, it sort of borders between arcade/simulation. But if they are using that engine in the Sega Superstars Tennis game, then that could be potentially really interesting.
  • edited March 2008
    Who knows if this game will be good or bad, but SEGA should stick to Virtua Tennis. It has been pretty much the #1 realistic tennis game for a long time.
    Maybe some of the older Virtua Tennis games were good, but the latest one that came out on the 360 was terrible. If you weren't perfectly next to the ball, your character would dive to hit it. So, every other shot I hit while playing the demo ended with me on the ground, getting my ass kicked by the computer.
    Top Spin 2 on the Xbox (not the one on the PS2) was the best realistic tennis game I've played.
    Post edited by Rym on

• Maybe some of the older Virtua Tennis games were good, but the latest one that came out on the 360 was terrible. If you weren't perfectly next to the ball, yourcharacter would dive to hit it. So,every other shot I hit while playing the demo ended with me on the ground, getting my ass kicked by the computer.
    Top Spin 2 on the Xbox (not the one on the PS2) was the best realistic tennis game I've played.
    The Virtua Tennis games have always had a bit of a learning curve (or maybe non-intuitiveness), going back to the Dreamcast and arcade days. Basically, (1) you swing at the ball on the RELEASE of the button, not the PRESS, and (2) as soon as you press a button, you will stop moving. If you press too early, your character will dive for the ball. Think of pressing the button as preparing for the shot, and letting go as swinging.

It usually takes people a game or three to start getting the hang of it. But once you do, it just feels right.
  • I have very little anticipation for this game, now a new Mario Tennis for the Wii is something I could get behind.