This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Commander Keen

edited March 2008 in Video Games
How many of you guys remember commander keen? While some of you were playing your mario's and sonic's I was playing commander keen! For those of you who don't know (although most of you probably do considering where I am), commander keen was a series of platformers created by id software for the PC, starring the pajama-clad hero known as commander keen. Commander keen is currently on steam so for all of you who haven't already experenced it, go buy it! Oh and Rym and Scott, make a show about this please.

Comments

• I believe both Rym and Scott like Commander Keen. I may be mistaken, but I think they have mentioned their opinions on it in the past. Needless to say, they've both got it in their steam games.
  • I was born the year Commander Keen came out. Never played it.
  • I love Commander Keen. I remember buying some of the shareware floppies of Invasion of the Vorticons and Goodbye Galaxy from Fedco as a kid. $4.95 for all five of the original episodes is very tempting. Hmmm...
  • I played Commander Keen on my 386 sx16, I barely remember it. Ah, the joy of DOS and Windows 3.1.
  • I remember the first time I played pong, was in a Commander Keen game.
  • Commander Keen IS AWESOME! I love that game, even though some levels are really fricking hard if you played it as little as I. The Pogostick is epic though :D I wants.
  • Yeah, some of the levels are pretty hard. It's kind of scary, some of the things you would do as a kid. I pretty much conquered CK 4 an beat it more thatn once, but now I barely finish games. Then again now I have a plethora of games and back then all I had were a few good pc games.
  • I love Commander Keen, but so few people know about it.

I remember playing a shareware demo of the first one, and I owned the fourth game. I played the hell out of it, and loved it, no matter how cheap the slugs were.
  • The "Bean-with-Bacon Megarocket" is a pretty awesome spaceship name.