This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

No Decent Computer Mice

2»

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Just plugged my Marblemouse back in, feels so good. I can move the mouse around well enough to browse the web with just one finger.
    Does anyone know how to mod mice and/or keyboard so that they don't make noise?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Ideazon make a really nice, affordable gaming mouse. Of course, if you look around, you can find them for about $20-25.
  • I usethismouse:image

I really like the grip, and it has:Smart Scrolling: Automatically switch between hyper-fast or precision click-to-click scrolling modes to match the task at hand.
    When you 'hyper-scroll', you have a frictionless mouse wheel. Which works very well. The only problem is that you switch by pressing down the scroll wheel. So no 3rd mouse button I'm afraid. Youcouldprogram the seach button just below the mouse wheel to act like the third mouse button.
    Good god this is the best mouse you will ever purchase.
    I stick with my trusty Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse. Had a wireless keyboard for a while but the signal wasn't reliable enough even for World of Warcraft let alone other games.
  • You have piqued my interest, exactly what level of dexterous skill does WoW require?

I really like the grip, and it has:Smart Scrolling: Automatically switch between hyper-fast or precision click-to-click scrolling modes to match the task at hand.
    When you 'hyper-scroll', you have a frictionless mouse wheel. Which works very well. The only problem is that you switch by pressing down the scroll wheel. So no 3rd mouse button I'm afraid. Youcouldprogram the seach button just below the mouse wheel to act like the third mouse button.
    Good god this is the best mouse you will ever purchase.I have used a couple at Best Buy, and wow, you are right. If it wasn't $100, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. I think it is a fantastic mouse, and I really like it.
  • My Mouse. I paid $5 for it.

Good god this is the best mouse you will ever purchase.
    I have used a couple at Best Buy, and wow, you are right. If it wasn't $100, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. I think it is a fantastic mouse, and I really like it.Yes, it's crazy awesome! The scroll wheel thing is pretty useless though...
  • I like the MS curve myself, simple is design and works well with large hands.
  • Actually, while I like the G5, I think I'm going to buy the Razer DeathAdder soon.
  • I use the logitech LX3 for around $25.00 takes a lot of abuse so far and has out lasted most mice I have bought. Plus there is 2 buttons on top and bottom under the left and right mouse buttons so you can use it no matter what hand size.
    I use that, too. The one issue I have with it is that the scroll wheel is flat out annoying. Since it has some tilt features, sometimes when I try to close a tab in firefox, it scrolls the tab bar and closes the wrong tab...so now I mainly ctrl+w to close tabs. Also, the scroll wheel is harder to press down than other mice I've used.

The best mouse I've used isthisbasic mouse from Dell.
    This is a nice, cheap mouse. I've been using the wireless version of it for a while now, but it has just died on me. The scroll wheel has collapsed from my middle-clicking. I think it's a little bar that was holding the wheel up in the front. I can still middle-click, it just sticks now, and randomly clicks sometimes. Not fun.

(And yeah, Necro post ftw.)
    I'll fourth (third?) the LX3. I've been using it for a year now and it's fantastic. It's quite comfortable, and generally responsive enough even for competitive gaming.
  • On my desktop I use the older G5, and it is fantastic. I've used mine for about three years now. The weight thing isn't a big deal. Just put in the amount of weight that feels comfortable, then stash the extra weights in your cable box. I've never changed the weights.

For my laptop, the VX Nano is spectacular. The wireless dongle is super tiny, and you can store it right in the mouse. It also has that nifty low-friction scroll, which I've actually used pretty often.

If my G5 ever breaks, I'm getting me one of those MX Revolutions. Damn sexy, those mice.
  • Alright guess I can revive this old thread to look for some suggestions. I am in the market for a new mouse for my laptop, as the track pad can be a pain in the hand. My old mouse was OK but the batteries just exploded corrosive goodness all over the inside of it. I would love to find a wireless mouse, preferably Bluetooth or small adapter, which could be charged with a USB cable like my Logitech MX Performance mouse I use at home. Any idea guys? I haven't found much luck on this and I tend to be picky about these kind of things.
  • Razer Orochi.
  • Razer Orochi
    Not bad. Not sure how I feel about the price or style, but the best I have seen so far! Thanks WUB!
  • No problem. Doesn't have rechargables, but Razer mice are incredible, ergonomically-speaking.
  • I just bought a Logitech G500. Very nice.
  • I just bought a Logitech G500. Very nice.
    Looking for portable (aka small) and wirless. Preferably with a rechargable battery.